Application Periods & Deadlines
Applications are only available during our application period. We accept applications during the following times:
- January 22 - February 28 for summer admission
- September 1 - September 30 for winter admission
All materials must be received in the Division office (B-6 of the PCC Foothill Campus)
by Feb. 28 or September 30 at 3 pm. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday,
then the deadline is the following business day.
General Admission Information
Before applying to the Career Ladder Nursing program, please review the following admission requirements and recommendations.
How to Apply
To apply to the Career Ladder Nursing program you need to submit a complete application packet which includes:
2 Submit Your Application Packet
You must submit your application to the Health Sciences Division office by 3pm on the final day of the application period (February 28 or September 30). If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, then the deadline is the following business day.
Pasadena City College
Career Ladder Nursing Program
Health Sciences Division B-6
3035 East Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
Selection to the program is based on the following criteria:
- GPA for Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry, Microbiology, English, (minimum GPA 2.5 to apply)
- Approved Diagnostic Assessment Tool TEAS (minimum score of 62 to apply)
- Completion of relevant coursework; Introduction to Sociology, Human Nutrition, Lifespan Developmental Psychology, Elementary Statistics, Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication, Critical Thinking (ENGL 001C, PHIL 025, 030, 033, PHSC 002,SPCH 006 or 012).
- Relevant healthcare certificates, current patient care experience, veteran status, previous academic degree
- Life experiences or special circumstances of an applicant (all applicants receive the maximum points)
- Proficiency or advanced coursework in languages other than English
We will notify applicants to the Career Nursing Program by email approximately 10 weeks after the close of the application period.
Upon acceptance to the program, you will be required to:
If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies before applying. A detailed/comprehensive report with breakdown of upper and lower division courses is required.
International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310) 258-9451 | www.ierf.org
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
(310) 275-3530 | www.aceil.com
American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626) 339-4404 | www.aerc-eval.com
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.