Application Periods & Deadlines
Applications are only available during our application period. We only accept applications filled out and submitted online during the following times:
- January 22 - February 28 for summer admission
- September 1 - September 30 for winter admission
All materials must be received by Feb. 28 or September 30 at 3 pm.
To All Applicants:
Pasadena City College is responding to the coronavirus outbreak. This is a very fluid situation, and the college is adapting its response as events change.
All complete applications will be processed. There will be a delay in notifying students of their status due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in this unusual situation we are all currently facing. Watch this page for the latest updates.
We also encourage you to visit the following website for additional information https://pasadena.edu/about/president/coronavirus-updates/index.php
General Admission Information
Before applying to the Career Ladder Nursing program, please review the following admission requirements and recommendations.
How to Apply
To apply to the Career Ladder Nursing program you need to submit an online application that includes:
Selection to the program is based on the following criteria:
- GPA for Anatomy, Physiology, Chemistry, Microbiology, English, (minimum GPA 2.5 to apply)
- Approved Diagnostic Assessment Tool TEAS (minimum score of 62 to apply)
- Completion of relevant coursework; Introduction to Sociology, Human Nutrition, Lifespan Developmental Psychology, Elementary Statistics, Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication, Critical Thinking (ENGL 001C, PHIL 025, 030, 033, PHSC 002,SPCH 006 or 012).
- BA/BS/MA/All coursework required for AS degree at PCC
- Relevant healthcare certificates, current patient care experience, veteran status, previous academic degree
- Life experiences or special circumstances of an applicant (all applicants receive the maximum points)
- Proficiency or advanced coursework in languages other than English
We will notify applicants to the Career Nursing Program by email approximately 10 weeks after the close of the application period.
Upon acceptance to the program, you will be required to:
If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies before applying. A detailed/comprehensive report with breakdown of upper and lower division courses is required.
International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310) 258-9451 | www.ierf.org
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
(310) 275-3530 | www.aceil.com
American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626) 339-4404 | www.aerc-eval.com