Application Periods & Deadlines
Applications are only available during our application period. We only accept applications filled out and submitted online during the following times:
For Spring 2021 Admission - Applications will be accepted 11/1/2020 through 11/20/2020 at 3pm.
To All Applicants:
The SAR-CoV-2 (Covid-19) pandemic has impacted classroom and clinical nursing education at Pasadena City College. As a result, the PCC RN program elected not to admit a new cohort for the Associate Degree Nursing Program in Fall 2020.
The Associate Degree Nursing Program has successfully resumed nursing education for our continuing students and we are looking forward to accepting a new cohort of nursing students in Spring 2021. Pasadena City College's Nursing Program is committed to providing students with an empowering education that prepares them to enter the nursing field ready to embrace all the rewards and challenges that the profession offers.
In response to the pandemic and to ensure overall safety, nursing program instruction is currently being provided as a hybrid program with lectures conducted either synchronously or asynchronously using our learning management system (Canvas) and zoom. Essential nursing skills continue to be taught face-to-face in our on-campus skills laboratories and at our clinical affiliate partner sites. The RN program follows all Covid-19 safety recommendations from the CDC and the Pasadena Public Health Department.
Please return to this page for updates and announcements about the Associate Degree Registered Nursing Program at PCC.
General Admission Information
Before applying to the Registered Nursing Program, please review the following admission requirements and recommendations.
Selection to the program is based on the following criteria:
- GPA in English Reading and Composition, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, College Chemistry, Microbiology, (minimum GPA 2.5).
- Approved Diagnostic Assessment Tool TEAS score (minimum score 62)
- Completion of relevant course work with C or better: Introductory Sociology, Human Nutrition, Elementary Statistics, Psychology (Introduction or Lifespan), Speech Fundamentals (Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication), and Critical Thinking (English 1C Intermediate Composition, Philosophy 25 Introduction to Critical Thinking, Philosophy 30 Logic,Philosophy 33 Introduction to Symbolic Logic, Physical Science 2 Scientific Method as Critical Thinking, Speech 6 Argumentation and Debate, Speech 12 Argumentation and Critical Thinking)
- BA/BS/MA/MS/ Degree
- Relevant healthcare certificates, veteran status
- Life experiences or special circumstances of an applicant (3 points awarded to all
Applicant may have one or more special circumstances, but the maximum points awarded to each applicant. Documentation not required.
- Proficiency reading, writing and speaking or college level coursework in languages other than English
How to Apply
If you are not currently enrolled at PCC, you need to apply for admission to the college, in addition to applying to the Registered Nursing Program. Apply now to PCC .
To apply to the Registered Nursing Program, you need to submit an online application that includes:
We will notify applicants to the Registered Nursing Program by email approximately 8 weeks after the close of the application period.
Upon acceptance to the program, you will be required to:
If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies before applying. A detailed/comprehensive report with the breakdown of upper and lower division courses is required. Credit from foreign schools can only be recognized for math, humanities, and the physical education requirements:
International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310)-258-9451 | www.ierf.org
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
(310)-275-3530 | http://www.acei-global.org/application-for-evaluation
American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626)-339-4404 | www.aerc-eval.com