The following courses must be passed with a 'C' grade or better. You may apply if a prerequisite course is pending. However, applicants completing all prerequisites prior to applying for admission will have priority.
The following are required to apply for the LVN program.
Completion of a California Department of Public Health Approved Nursing Assistant Program, or equivalent. This can be done by submitting an academic transcript showing completion of a California Department of Public Health approved Nursing Assistant course, or an issued certificate of completion showing the number of hours of training hours completed.
Proof of a valid unrestricted State of California Certified Nursing Assistant License.
Nutrition 11 - Human Nutrition
Psychology 024 - Lifespan Developmental Psychology (birth to death)
Anatomy 25 - Human Anatomy
Physiology 001 - Human Physiology
Students who want to continue their nursing education and enter the Career Ladder LVN to RN program must meet all the prerequisite courses required for the Career Ladder LVN to RN program and have a valid California LVN license. You must complete the Career Ladder LVN to RN application.
During the Program
- Nursing 108A Nursing Skills Laboratory
- Nursing 122 Medication Administration
- Nursing 125 Fundamentals of Vocational Nursing Theory
- Nursing 125L Fundamental of Vocational Nursing Clinical
- Nursing 108B Nursing Skills Laboratory - VN
- Nursing 126 Intermediate Vocational Nursing Theory
- Nursing 126L Intermediate Vocational Nursing Clinical
- Nursing 124 Mental Health Nursing for Vocational Nurses
- Nursing 127 Advanced Vocational Nursing Theory