Application Periods & DeadlinesWe accept applications every year from March 1 - April 1. Your application and all required materials must be received in the Division office (B-6 of the CEC) by 3 pm on the final day of the application period.
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, then the deadline is the following
General Admission Information
Before applying to the Licensed Vocational Nursing Program, please review the following admission requirements and recommendations.
- You must have the ability to communicate safely, accurately, and effectively in both written and spoken English. If English is your second language, you are encouraged to enroll in Speech 3, 10, 121 and/or 125 and Medical Assisting 115 to enhance your success.
- If you are selected for acceptance to the LVN program you must take the TEAS exam and achieve an adjusted individual score of 58 or higher. If you score less than 58, you will be given a remediation plan to complete within one year. Enrollment in the LVN program is delayed until remediation is complete and you score 58 or higher on the retake of the LVN TEAS exam within one year.
- You must resubmit transcripts and applications each application period.
- Prerequisites must be complete before you can enroll in LVN courses. However, “In Progress” work for the prerequisites may be considered during the selection process. Final selection is pending evidence of satisfactory completion of any “in progress” prerequisites. View Prerequisites
- We highly recommend that basic science courses (nutrition, physiology, math and psychology) are completed within the past five years with a grade of “C” or higher.
- All courses offered in the Vocational Nursing Program may be challenged for credit. Contact the department for information.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance.
- If you are requesting a transfer from another nursing program or advanced placement, you will need to obtain a petition from Student and Learning Services in L-112.
How to Apply
If you are not currently enrolled at PCC, you need to apply for admission to the college in addition to applying to the Vocational Nursing Program. Apply now to PCC .
To apply to the Vocational Nursing Program you need to submit a complete application packet which includes:
3 Submit Your Application Packet
You must submit your application to the Health Sciences Division office by 3pm on the final day of the application period (April 1st). If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, then the deadline is the following business day.
Pasadena City College
Licensed Vocational Nursing Program
Health Sciences Division B-6
3035 East Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
We use the following criteria to determine acceptance amongst eligible applicants:
If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of positions available, selections will be prioritized according to prerequisite grade point average. Additional qualified applicants will be placed on an alternate list.
We will notify applicants to the Vocational Nursing Program by email approximately 12 weeks after the close of the application period.
Upon acceptance to the program, you will be required to:
If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies before applying:
International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310)-258-9451 | www.ierf.org
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
(310)-275-3530 | www.aceil.com
American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626)-339-4404 | www.aerc-eval.com