Application Periods & Deadlines
The online application for the Certified Nursing Assistant course will be available during the application cycle. It is important to read through all of the information prior to applying.
- June 10 - June 30: applicants who apply during this application cycle will begin the course in the Fall semester, if selected.
- September 28 - October 19: applicants who apply during this application cycle will begin the course in the Winter intersession, if selected.
- November 1 - November 15: applicants who apply during this application cycle will begin the course in the Spring semester, if selected.
- February 1 - February 20: applicants who apply during this application cycle will begin the course in the Summer intersession, if selected.
How to Register for the CNA Course
Applicants must be 18 years or older. Nursing Assistant course clinical sites require anyone visiting their facility for clinical rotations to be 18 years or older. In order to successfully complete the Certified Nursing Assistant course, you must complete both the theory and clinical components of the course.
Follow these basic directions for scanning documents to your online application:
- Open the sealed official High School transcript(s) that you will be uploading to your C.N.A. application
- Scan the official transcripts using a device such as a printer or scanner
- Follow the scanner manufacturer's directions to scan each document to your computer or USB drive
- Select the PDF file format option before scanning. Only PDF files of your transcripts and other supporting documents will be accepted. Formats such as JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, screenshot, word documents, etc. will not be accepted for the application process.
- Save your PDF document to a folder in a location on your computer or removable drive that you can easily access (Desktop or Documents folder is suggested)
NOTE: Students who do not have access to a personal scanner may choose to use a commercial copying center to have their required documents scanned and made into PDFs that then may be uploaded as part of your application.
Follow these basic directions for uploading documents to your online application:
- When prompted on the application to upload your documents marked "Drop Files here or Select Files" click on this button
- Find the PDF files you want to upload from your computer or flash drive
- Select the file by double clicking on it (tap twice)
- Your file will be uploaded
After you have submitted your application, you will be sent forms and instructions on how to complete Step #2 to your Pasadena City College email account.
Do not complete these steps until you have received an email from Pasadena City College with links to the forms below.
- Obtain an American Heart Association CPR/Basic Life Support card. Only American Heart Associate CPR cards will be accepted. https://cpr.heart.org/en
- Complete the Health Sciences C.N.A. Health Requirements form.
- Complete a Background check - more information to follow.
- Complete the State of California BCIA 8016 Request for Live Scan Service form.
- Complete a California Department of Public Health Certified Nurse Assistant Initial Application CDPH 283B form.
Return as a completed packet the documents listed below. These items must be scanned and saved as PDF files. Formats such as JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, screenshot, word documents, etc. will not be accepted. Applicants will be sent an email address to send the packet of completed documents.
- American Heart Association CPR verification. Must show an expiration date. Label the PDF file "CPR".
- Proof of a Completed Background check.
- Copy of the completed Health Sciences C.N.A. Health Requirements form. Make sure you have signed and dated the form. Some of the vaccinations may be in progress. You must have completed at least the first vaccination if it is a series of vaccinations. Label the PDF file "Health Requirements".
- Copy of the filled in Live Scan form. Label the PDF file "Live Scan".
- Copy of the completed C.N.A. Initial Application form. Label the PDF "Initial Application".
Keep copies of all your documents for your own personal records. The Health Sciences Division cannot make copies for you.
Students will be cleared to register for the Certified Nursing Assistant course after completing steps 1-3 above by the Health Sciences Division Office and the required documentation has been verified as complete. The C.N.A. course is limited to 10 students per section. The first students to complete all required documentation will be sent an email notifying them to register for the course.
All applicants will be notified of their status prior to the start of the class by email. Additionally, non-selected applicants will be notified when the class is full.
If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies before applying:
International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310)-258-9451 | www.ierf.org
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
(310)-275-3530 | www.aceil.com
American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626)-339-4404 | www.aerc-eval.com