Planning to transfer? If so, make sure you get a GE Certification to confirm that you have completed all your transfer requirements!

What are the IGETC and CSU GE Certifications?

A GE certifications will confirm that you have completed the transfer requirements to transfer a specific school.

  • The CSU GE Certification is for students planning to transfer to a California State University.

  • The IGETC Certification is for students planning to transfer to a University of California School. 

How to Get a GE Certification

You can request an IGETC and/or CSU GE Certification when you order your official transcripts.

If you are requesting an IGETC or CSU GE Certification for the first time, it can take an additional 7 - 10 business days to process your order. Once you have the IGETC or CSU GE certification, it is permanently on your transcript, and you will not need to request it again.

Partial GE Certifications


You do not need to be finished with all areas of the CSU GEs to get the CSU GE Certification. Request a CSU GE Certification and we will indicate on your transcript which sections you have completed.

Partial IGETC Certifications

  • We do not give partial IGETC certification to students who are currently enrolled in the classes necessary to complete their IGETC.

  • We will provide partial IGETC certifications only to students who have already finished their coursework at Pasadena City College and have transferred out to a UC or CSU.

Each UC or CSU campus will inform a student that has submitted a partial certified IGETC of the specific timelines and courses needed to complete the IGETC. The UC or CSU is responsible for verifying that the missing IGETC courses(s) have been completed.