Apply for Graduation
Ready to graduate from PCC? The first step is to have your requirements checked by a counselor to confirm that you qualify for graduation. Apply to graduate online OR you can apply in person with a counselor in L-104!
- September for Fall graduation
- January for Spring graduation
- June for Summer graduation
Note: Applying for Graduation will not impact your enrollment at PCC or your Financial Aid or California CollegePromise Grant (BOGW) at PCC
Dates & Deadlines
- Deadline to Apply for Fall 2018 graduation has been extended to: October 5, 2018
You may submit an online request for a preliminary graduation check/petition if you:
- Have not applied for graduation this semester OR want to apply for an additional degree.
- Have completed a minimum of 45 college units. If you have credits from another college/institution, you will need to have official transcripts and AP scores on file with Admission. In the meantime if you do not have records on file, you may attach unofficial records in our online form.
After you submit your request, a counselor will review your records and we will email the results to your LancerMail in LancerPoint. If you qualify to graduate, you will be issued your degree at the end of the current graduation filing period. You will not need to come sign a graduation petition since we will use your electronic signature in the request form. If you do not qualify yet, we will provide you a checklist of the needed classes in our email.
Due to the high number of requests received, we currently have a 2-3 week delay in processing requests. As long as your request is submitted by October 5 and you receive the autoreply to confirm receipt, your request will be reviewed for Fall 2018 graduation. Thank you for your patience.
If you prefer to apply in person or you no longer have an active LancerPoint login, you can come to the Counseling Center for drop-in counseling. Make sure you bring your PCC ID and any transcripts you have from colleges other than PCC.
If you have a LancerPoint login, please apply online above.
If you prefer to apply online but do not have an active LancerPoint login, you may still submit your request online via email. Please follow the below instructions to submit your request by email:
Download and complete the preliminary graduation check/petition request form
- If you have credits from another college, get unofficial copies of all your non-PCC
college transcripts and AP scores. Make sure each record shows the following:
- Full name must be visible on all records
- Grade/Score (without manipulation)
- Name of college/university or College Board must be visible on record
Note: Official transcripts must be on file with Admission for your degree/s to post. If you have already submitted your official record/s, please let us know in your email and we will look for the record/s.
- Submit Your Complete Packet (Form & Records)
- Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (include your PCC ID# in email subject line) OR
Bring the complete packet to the L-104 counter with your photo ID.
- After you submit your request, a counselor will review your records and we will ask
you to come pickup your results.
- If you qualify to graduate, you will be issued your degree at the end of the current graduation filing period. You will not need to sign a graduation petition since we will use your electronic signature in the request form.
- If you do not qualify yet, we will provide you a checklist of the needed classes.