Apply for Your Degree
Ready to get your associate degree from PCC? The first step is to apply your degree.
You should apply for your degree after you register for your final classes. The final deadline to apply for each term depends on whether or not you have completed all your coursework at PCC.
Note: Deadlines are subject to change. Please check the registration calendar for the most up-to-date information.
Deadline for PCC Only Credits
Follow the below deadlines if you have completed all your college-level coursework at PCC.
- Spring 2022: April 11th if participating in commencement. May 8th if not participating in commencement.
Summer 2022: To be determined
Deadlines for External Transcripts/Documents
Follow these deadlines, if you have completed college credit outside of PCC. Note: You must submit all final official transcripts and records from other colleges or universities before your degree at PCC may be awarded.
- Spring 2022: April 11th
- Summer 2022: To be determined
If you only have credits from PCC, you may request for a degree check or degree petition in one of the following ways:
Express Phone Counseling
- An online counselor will review your request and assist you with a degree petition or email you a degree checklist if you have remaining requirements.
- Log into PCC Connect
- Use the "Raise My Hand" option
- Select I am Ready to Graduate (PCC Complete or Graduation)!
- Let us know:
- Which degrees(s) you are completing
- List the last classes needed to complete
- Provide your phone number
Watch our video to learn how to use the Raise My Hand feature.
After you raise your hand, you will be contacted by a member of our completion team with next steps and outcomes.
Processing time is about 2-4 weeks. As long as the request is submitted during the application period, your request will be reviewed. Thank you for your patience.
Before You Apply
If you have attended other colleges or universities, you must submit all final official transcripts and records before degrees at PCC may be awarded.
- Transcripts with in-progress work will not be considered.
- If AP test scores are being used to meet any of your requirements, request official AP scores from College Board.
- Submit documentation of Language Other Than English if you are using the IGETC (for UC) general education for your degree.
What other ways may I meet this requirement?
- Completed 2 years of a foreign language in high school? Submit your official High School transcript.
- Completed formal schooling from 6th grade or higher for 2 years in an institution where the language of instruction is not English? Submit your school record.
- Passed HSK exam? The Language Division must submit results to Admission & Records.
- Earned satisfactory score on the SAT subject test in a Language Other Than English? Submit official scores from College Board.
- Earned satisfactory score of 5 or higher on the International Baccalaureate (IB) Higher Level Exam in Language Other Than English? Submit official IB exam results from International Baccalaureate Organization.
- Completed Language Other Than English "O" Level Exam with a grade of A, B, or C. Submit official Certifying Statements of Results from examining board.
- Completed Language Other Than English International "A" level exam with score of 5, 6, or 7. Submit official grade transcript.
How to Apply
If you have non-PCC credits, you may request for a degree check or degree petition with a counselor in one of the following ways.
- Submit an online counseling inquiry and attach your non-PCC unofficial transcripts
for a degree checklist.(when printing from your college student portal, change your printer to PDF to save
as an electronic copy or scan your unofficial transcripts as a PDF).An online counselor will review your request and assist you with one of the following:
- a degree petition (all official records must be on file to petition for your degree)
- degree checklist so you know what requirements you still need
- Please have your unofficial transcripts ready as an electronic copy for your appointment for a degree checklist. To petition for your degree, all official records must be on file.(when printing from your college student portal, change your printer to PDF to save as an electronic copy or scan your unofficial transcripts as a PDF)
Please connect with counselors in your special program for assistance with a degree check or degree petition.
- Athletics Counseling
- African American Male Education Network Development (A2MEND)
- Academic Success & College Empowerment Network Design (ASCEND)
- Black Student Success Center (BSSC)
- Community Overcoming Recidivism through Education (CORE)
- Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS)
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
- STARS Foster Youth
- FYE Counseling - please connect with your Success Coach
- Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA)
- Next Up
- Program for Academic Support Services (PASS)
- Puente Project
- Queer and Undocumented Empowerment Support to Thrive (QUEST)
- Veteran Services
Submit an Online Counseling inquiry and our online counselor will review your request and assist you with a degree petition or degree check.