Apply for Your Degree
Ready to get your associate degree from PCC? The first step is to have your requirements checked by a counselor to confirm that you qualify for your degree. Apply for your degree online OR you can apply in a counseling appointment!
When to Apply for Your Degree
Apply for your degree after you register for your final classes. The deadlines to apply each term are listed below:
- Spring 2020: First deadline - April 30th
- Spring 2020: Second deadline - June 12th*
- Summer 2020: August 13th
Fall 2020- TBD
- Have never attended another college/university.
- Have attended another college/university & have already submitted all official transcripts to Admission.
- Currently attend another college/university & intend to submit this official transcript to Admission as soon as all final grade(s) are posted.
** Please be advised that Admissions cannot award your degree until all official transcripts are received. How to Provide Transcripts to PCC.
These deadlines are subject to change. Please check the registration calendar for the most up-to-date information.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the June 2020 commencement has been postponed.
Students completing a degree in Summer 2019, Fall 2019, and Spring 2020 will be eligible to participate in a June 2021 ceremony.
Postponement of the ceremony will not impact the awarding of your degree.
For more information, visit Commencement.
Ways to Apply
If you prefer to apply in a counseling appointment, you may make a virtual counseling appointment online.
OR you may request a degree check/petition in Express Phone Counseling. If you have external transcripts, the counselor will refer you to an appointment and a Counseling staff will call you to setup the appointment.
You may submit an online request for a preliminary degree check/degree petition if you:
- Have not applied for your degree this semester OR want to apply for an additional degree.
- Have completed a minimum of 45 college units.If you have credits from another college/institution, you will need to have official transcripts and AP scores on file with Admission. In the meantime if you do not have records on file, you may attach unofficial records in our online form.
After you submit your request, a counselor will review your records and we will email the results to your LancerMail in LancerPoint. If you qualify, you will be issued your degree at the end of the current degree filing period. You will not need to come sign a degree petition since we will use your electronic signature in the request form. If you do not qualify yet, we will provide you a checklist of the needed classes in our email.
Due to the high number of online requests received, we currently have a 3-4 week delay in processing requests. As long as your request is submitted by the degree petition term deadline and you receive the autoreply to confirm receipt, your request will be reviewed for the requested term.
OR if you would like FASTER RESULTS, you may request a degree check/petition in Express Phone Counseling. If you have external transcripts, the counselor will refer you to an appointment and a Counseling staff will call you to setup the appointment.
If you have a LancerPoint login, please apply online above.
If you do not have an active LancerPoint login, you may still submit your request online via email. Please follow the below instructions to submit your request by email:
Download and complete the preliminary degree check/petition request form
- If you have credits from another college, get unofficial copies of all your non-PCC
college transcripts and AP scores. Make sure each record shows the following (without manipulation):
- Full name must be visible on all records
- Name of college/university or College Board must be visible on record
Note: Official transcripts must be on file with Admission for your degree/s to post. If you have already submitted your official record/s, please let us know in your email and we will look for the record/s.
- Submit Your Complete Packet (Form & Records)
- Via email to email@example.com (include your PCC ID# in email subject line) OR
Bring the complete packet to the Counseling counter (L-104) with your photo ID.
- After you submit your request, a counselor will review your records.
- If you qualify, you will be issued your degree at the end of the current degree filing period. You will not need to sign a degree petition since we will use your electronic signature in the request form.
- If you do not qualify, we will mail you a checklist of the needed classes to your mailing address in your student record.