The following courses must be completed prior to applying for admission to the program with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. “In Progress” work for the prerequisites will not be considered during the selection process.
- English 001A - Reading & Composition
- Microbiology 002 - Microbiology
- Anatomy 025 & Physiology 001 - Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Intermediate Algebra - Math 131 equivalent or higher
The following courses are required for the Registered Nursing Program and Associate Degree. We strongly recommend that you complete these courses prior to entering the nursing program.
- Psychology 024- Lifespan (birth to death); BRN requirement
- Humanities - See AS Degree requirements for list of options (two courses)
- Speech 1 or 10 - Fundamentals of Speech; BRN Requirement
- History* See AS Degree requirements for list of options (two courses)
- Political Science 001*
- Nutrition 11 - Human Nutrition; BRN Requirement
- Physical Education ( 2 units) - See AS Degree requirements for list of options (two courses)
- Sociology 001 or equivalent
*Political Science 001 (American Institutions 125 may be taken in place of the History and Political Science courses).
During the Program
- Nursing 50S
- Nursing 050
- Nursing 050L
- Nursing 137
- Nursing 51S
- Nursing 051A
- Nursing 051L
- Nursing 040
- Nursing 040L
- Nursing 041
- Nursing 041L
- Nursing 52S
- Nursing 052A
- Nursing 052L
- Nursing 042
- Nursing 042L
- Nursing 53S
- Nursing 053
Use the resources below to see full course descriptions and check on the availability of courses in a given semester.
Expand Your Skillset with an Elder Care Certificate
The Elder Care Occupational Skills Certificate program prepares you to provide specialized, quality care for older adults.