Planning to transfer to a four-year college? You can get started on completing your General Education (GE) Requirements as well as coursework for your major while you're at PCC. Making an Education Plan will help you make sure that the courses you are taking can be transferred to fulfill the GE and major requirements at the school you plan on to attend.

A good place to start when making an education plan for transfer is our Articulation Agreements. We have articulation agreements with CSUs, UCs and independent colleges and universities. These agreements show which PCC courses fulfill general education and lower-division major requirements at the school to which you plan to transfer.

The U.S. Department of Education maintains two sites, College Scorecard and College Navigator, to show students what to look for when choosing a 4-year college or university. By visiting these sites, you may discover and compare schools based on a variety of options that are important to you. 

If you would like to know some of the differences between public and private non-profit, and private for-profit colleges and universities, please read this guide.

CSUs and UCs

If you are planning to transfer to a California State University campus or a University of California campus, you will need to fulfill the following requirements:

  • Complete Major Requirements
    Please use the or the PCC Transfer Tool to find courses that fulfill GE requirements for the school you wish to transfer to.
  • Complete Your General Education Requirements
    Use the CSU GE pattern if you plan to transfer to a CSU or the IGETC GE pattern if you plan to transfer to a CSU or UC.

  • Complete 60 transferrable units

Private Colleges and Universities in California

PCC has articulation agreements with the following private institutions in California:

Universities Outside California

PCC has articulation agreements with some out-of-state universities. If the school you are planning to transfer to is not listed below, please talk to a counselor, consult the university's course information and to plan your classes.

Historically Black Colleges and Universities

PCC has articulation agreements with 35 Historically Black Colleges and Universities.

Other Types of Universities

PCC students may be able to transfer to non-traditional institutions as well. They may offer programs fully or partially online, and/or in non-traditional disciplines. 


Don't see the school you want to transfer to?

If the school you are transferring to is not listed, please speak with a counselor or visit the transfer center to find out more about the requirements for that school.