Express Phone Counseling
Our Express Phone Counseling Service is a 15 minute phone meeting with a PCC counselor.
During the session, a counselor can help you with quick questions such as:
- Course Advisement
- Transfer Information, IGETC/CSU GE inquiries
- Associate degree and certificate information
- Brief Assistance with various forms/petitions, such as AP credit, Reduced Course Load, Concurrent Enrollment, Repeats, etc.
- Important Enrollment Deadlines
- Prerequisite clearances. If you are using a non-PCC transcript, please have your unofficial record available as an electronic/PDF file (when printing from your college student portal, change your printer to PDF to save as an electronic copy or scan your unofficial transcripts as a PDF).You may be asked to email your transcript to the counselor. Don't want to wait? You can also use our online form for Prerequisite clearances.
- Clarification of college policies and procedures
- Information about campus support resources and/or programs
- Abbreviated Educational Plan (for registration purpose only)
Graduation Petitions & PCC Complete (No non-PCC transcripts)
Express Counseling is NOT for:
During the Express Counseling call, if you have questions that need more than 15 minutes, you will be referred to a counseling appointment and our Counseling front staff will call you to set-up the appointment. Examples of these are:
- Transcript evaluations
- Comprehensive educational plans
- Academic probation and/or Reinstatement after dismissal
- Graduation Petitions (With non-PCC transcripts)
- Academic Renewal
Exploration of major/career
Express Counseling is available Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 8 am - 5 pm and Friday 8 am - 4 pm. During those times, follow the steps below to start an Express Counseling Session!
- Visit the Express Counseling Login page
- If you have credits from another college, please have your unofficial transcripts ready as an electronic copy (when printing from your college student portal, change your printer to PDF to save as an electronic copy or scan your unofficial transcripts as a PDF).
- Sign-in with your PCC/Lancer ID# to reserve your place in the Express Counseling line
- If you're not a PCC student, select the “Not a student yet” under the sign-in button.
- Once it's your turn, a Counselor will call you to start your session!
- When the counselor calls, the phone number shown may be from a “no caller ID” or “626” phone number.
- If the counselor does not reach you, the counselor will leave a voicemail if a message option is available. If we missed you, please sign up for Express Counseling again.
NOTE: The Express Counseling line will close automatically if the number of students waiting far exceeds available counselors.