Express Phone Counseling
Our Express Phone Counseling Service is a 15 minute phone meeting with a counselor.
Start Express Phone Counseling
During the session, a counselor can help you with quick questions such as:
- Course Advisement
- Transfer Information, IGETC/CSU GE inquiries
- Associate degree and certificate information
- Brief Assistance with various forms/petitions, such as AP credit, Reduced Course Load, Concurrent Enrollment, Repeats, etc.
- Important Enrollment Deadlines
- Prerequisite clearances. If you are using a non-PCC transcript, please email your unofficial record to email@example.com and note your PCC ID# and name in the subject line. Do this before your appointment so your counselor has access to your unofficial transcripts (when printing from your college portal, change your printer to PDF to save as an electronic copy or scan your unofficial transcript as a PDF). Don't want to wait? You can also use our online form for Prerequisite clearances.
- Clarification of college policies and procedures
- Information about campus support resources and/or programs
- Abbreviated Educational Plan (for registration purpose only)
Graduation Petitions & PCC Complete (No non-PCC transcripts)
Express Phone Counseling is NOT for:
During the Express Phone Counseling call, if you have questions that need more than 15 minutes, you will be referred to a counseling appointment. Examples of these are:
- Transcript evaluations of non-PCC credits
- Comprehensive educational plans
- Academic probation and/or Reinstatement after dismissal
- Graduation Petitions (if you have non-PCC transcripts, Online Counseling may assist you with this request)
- Academic Renewal (Online Counseling may assist you with this request)
Exploration of major/career
How to Use Express Phone Counseling
Express Phone Counseling appointments (15 minute) are available throughout the week and upon referral from the Virtual Support Center, your success coach, or from our Counseling Front Counter (L building). Follow the steps below to get support M-F from 9am - 5pm (may close if we get to our capacity).
Process for making an Express Phone Appointment:
- You need access to PCC Connect.
- Do not have access? Connect with a counselor using our Online Counseling Services (use prospective student form option).
- OR reapply to activate your LancerPoint/PCC Connect account. Once you are admitted, wait overnight for account activation, then go to step 2.
- Sign-in for Virtual Support Center (VSC)
- VSC Staff will assist you with getting a 15 or 45 minute appointment referral based on your needs.
- Check your PCC Email for referral email. Use the "Book Now" link in the email to open PCC Connect to schedule your appointment (zoom/video appointments are preferred)
- OR after you get your referral, click here depending on your referral type:
*Zoom/video appointments - best when on a computer or laptop but can also be used for voice only function on a phone. The zoom link is listed on your subject line in your appointment confirmation email.
**Phone appointments - please add your phone number to the description box. This option has more missed appointments because of phone issues (wrong number, etc.)
Sign-in to Speak to Virtual Support Center Staff to Request for Counseling Referral
Prepare for Your Express Phone Counseling Appointment
- If you have credits from another college, please email your unofficial record to firstname.lastname@example.org and note your PCC ID# and name in the subject line. Do this before your appointment so your counselor has access to your unofficial transcripts (when printing from your college portal, change your printer to PDF to save as an electronic copy or scan your unofficial transcript as a PDF).
- Zoom/video appointments (preferred to enhance your appointment experience):
- Your appointment zoom link may be found in your counseling appointment confirmation email (in the subject line) sent to your PCC email shortly after scheduling your appointment.
- Copy the zoom link and paste into a web browser. You will be sent to a virtual waiting room. Your counselor will admit you in the virtual meeting room at the time of your appointment.
- Your appointment will use audio & video. Please test these functions prior to your appointment to make sure both (or at least audio) are working.
- Phone appointments:
- Your counselor will call you at the phone number you listed in the description box (when you booked your appointment).
- Calls may appear as a private number, No Caller ID, or from a 626 number.
- Please pickup calls around the time of your appointment in case it is your counselor calling you.
- If the counselor does not reach you, the counselor will leave a voicemail if a message option is available.
- If we missed you, please visit the the Virtual Support Center again.
- Please wait a few minutes, in case the counselor is running late from a previous appointment.
Watch How to Book an Appointment in PCC Connect
Help Booking Your Express Counseling Appointment in PCC Connect
Tips to Troubleshoot Errors When Booking an Appointment
If you receive an error while booking an appointment in PCC Connect, it may be one of the following reasons:
- If no appointments are found, this means all appointments have been booked by other students. Please check back tomorrow. We release new appointments M-F (up to 2 weeks in advance).
- Expired session error, this means your PCC Connect session has timed out. Try some
of these solutions:
- Log out and log back into LancerPoint to access PCC Connect again.
- Clear cookies in your web browser.
- Open "New Incognito Window" within a Chrome browser, log into PCC Connect and paste your appointment link this this window.
- You do not have access to PCC Connect since you are not a current PCC student. You may still get assistance from a counselor via email by submitting an online counseling inquiry (use the prospective student online counseling form).
If you tried #1 and #2 above and still cannot access Express Counseling appointments in PCC Connect, please connect with the Virtual Support Center, your success coach, or our Counseling front counter (L building) for assistance.
Already Have an Express Counseling Referral?
If you already have an Express Counseling referral from the Virtual Support Center, your success coach, or from our Counseling front counter, you may book your appointment in PCC Connect.
Book an Express Counseling Appointment in PCC Connect