Get all your questions about graduation answered!
At PCC you have the choice to earn an Associate in Arts Degree, an Associate in Science Degree or an Associate Degree for Transfer. Each degree has various major options.
For the traditional AS Degree, you need to use the traditional AS GE requirements.
The traditional AA and AS GE requirements have a competency requirement called Diversity. The Diversity requirement may double count with other GE areas (A-E) on the Traditional AA and AS GE requirement sheets.
- Associate degrees can stand alone or be a stepping stone to a bachelor degree.
- Associate degree holders earn up to 25% more each year than someone who is doing the same job without a degree.
- More employers are requiring job candidates to have a degree, so getting an associate degree will open more doors.
- A different associate degree from your bachelor degree will diversify your resume (i.e. AA in Business and BA in Economics).
- In case it may take you longer to complete your bachelor degree than planned, you will have an associate degree to fall back on.
- Completing an associate degree from PCC demonstrates that you can accomplish your goals at each stage in your education.
- By meeting your transfer requirements, you may already qualify for a degree without taking additional classes.
If you started at PCC Fall 2009 and after OR who have elected to receive post Fall 2009 degrees, you may have multiple AA degrees and one AS degree.
If you started at PCC prior to Fall 2009 and have maintained continuous enrollment, you may have one AA degree and multiple AS degrees.
You can only have rights to pre-Fall 2009 or post-Fall 2009 rights, not both.
Yes, you must send an official transcript the to Admission Office (L-113). After you have completed 15 units of coursework at PCC, you should ask a counselor to submit a transcript evaluation request towards one of our general education patters for the Associate degree (IGETC GE/CSU GE/Traditional AA or AS GE).
You may also make a request for a transcript evaluation through our online counseling service.
You may be able to use your credits from another country. However, you are required to have your foreign transcripts (Academic Records) evaluated by one of the three evaluation agencies approved by PCC. Once we receive the official evaluation results and you have completed 15 units at PCC, PCC evaluators will complete a second evaluation for graduation credits.
If you are planning to transfer to a four-year university, please see a counselor before applying for a transcript evaluation. Most universities have their own evaluators who evaluate foreign transcripts. Transcript evaluation at PCC is not necessary if you are transferring to a university.
After you submit a request, it will be given to a counselor to complete the graduation check. Please allow 10 business days to process (may be longer during peak season). Once the graduation check is completed, our counseling staff will contact you to return to L-104 to receive results.
If you have not heard from us after 10 business days, please email email@example.com
Please find out what to expect and the graduation timeline, go to our What to Expect After Applying website.
You will receive a letter by mail from the Graduation Evaluator stating your missing requirements. Once you enroll in the course again, you will need to reapply for graduation.
You are not required to attend the ceremony; however we highly encourage you to attend and invite your family and friends to celebrate your achievements at PCC.
The graduation application and diploma is free.