Get your questions answered by a PCC Counselor! Our Online Counseling service is for current PCC students and prospective students to ask academic questions via email that pertain to reaching your educational goal at Pasadena City College.
Online Counseling uses an email support ticketing system.
Online Counseling FAQ
When you use Online Counseling, you send your question(s) to a counselor through our email ticketing system. Your message will be reviewed and your questions answered by a counselor. The more information you provide, the more thorough and accurate we may be. If you feel your question/s are not answered, let us know. Counselors try their best, but sometimes emails may be lost in translation.
Since college requirements and policies are subject to change, all replies are to be used as advisory and informational only and will not constitute an official determination by PCC.
Keep in mind that not all questions can be answered in full via this online service. Questions requiring a lengthy response or questions deemed of a sensitive nature may require an appointment with a counselor on campus. If that's the case, we will respond and let you know that you need to speak to a counselor in a counseling appointment.
Questions You CAN Ask:
- clarification of college procedures and policies
- general certificate, degree and transfer requirements and course offerings
- course prerequisite information (or submit an online prerequisite clearance request)
- academic renewal and repeat to count higher grade petition
- transferability of PCC courses
- transfer/degree checklist
- assistance with submitting a degree petition
- equivalencies for PCC Health Science requirements
- foreign language requirement for IGETC (for UC) GE
- one semester ed plan to meet Achievement badge in LancerPoint
- To request a comprehensive ed plan, check if our online comprehensive ed plan request is open.
On-line Counseling is NOT appropriate for:
- personal or crisis counseling
- career counseling
- transcript evaluations for extensive credits at a non- California Community College
- financial aid inquiries (please submit a Financial Aid support ticket)
Because of the nature of the Internet and email technology, there can be no assurance of confidentiality when using this online service. When requesting information pertaining to your student records, please use your PCC email (@go.pasadena.edu). We will only reply to your PCC email about your student records.
To access your PCC email:
- Go to www.gmail.com
- Log in using your @go.pasadena.edu email + LancerPoint password
- example: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not all counselors are assigned to Online Counseling. If you need to contact a specific counselor, please use our Staff Directory and send them a direct email.
Our email ticketing system ensures no requests are missed.
Please check your PCC email and look for an email from one of our online counselors: Lan, Stephanie, Linda, Barbara, Chariya, and Lily.
You may also find reminder emails from "PCC Help". These emails will have a link to your support ticket so you can check the status of your request, view all replies, and enter a new comment.
Online counseling is a service to answer your academic questions. If you wish to make an appointment to speak with a counselor, please speak to a staff member in the Virtual Support Center.
If you do not have access to LancerPoint or your PCC email (@go.pasadena.edu), you may still receive assistance using our Prospective Student Online Counseling Form and provide your unofficial transcripts.
- Submit Prospective Student Online Counseling Form.
- We will send you a "Received" email notification.
- Reply to the "Received" email to send us your unofficial transcript (when printing from your college student portal, change your printer to PDF to save as an electronic copy or scan your unofficial transcripts as a PDF).
General StudentsOur online counselors will reply to requests Monday - Friday (closed beginning Friday afternoon during peak registration periods) based on counselor availability.
- During low season, we reply within a few hours - 2 days.
- Generally, we reply within 4-7 business days.
- During peak registration periods, we may take longer than 7 business days to reply.
If your situation is time sensitive, please speak with a counselor in Express Phone Counseling.
Submit Online Counseling Inquiry
OR Submit Graduation Check/Petition Request
Don't have an active LancerPoint account? Use our prospective student online counseling form to submit your question to our online counselors.
Prospective Student Online Counseling Form
If you are a participant in a special program, please visit your program's website to identify how to connect with your program counselor(s).
- Athletics Counseling
- African American Male Education Network Development (A2MEND)
- Academic Success & College Empowerment Network Design (ASCEND)
- Black Student Success Center (BSSC)
- Community Overcoming Recidivism through Education (CORE)
- Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS)
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
- STARS Foster Youth
- FYE Counseling - please connect with your Success Coach
- Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA)
- Next Up
- Program for Academic Support Services (PASS)
- Puente Project
- Queer and Undocumented Empowerment Support to Thrive (QUEST)
- Veteran Services
Additional Online Services
Save time and get what you need now with one of the following online services!