Get your questions answered by a PCC Counselor! Our Online Counseling service is for current PCC students and prospective students to ask general questions that pertain to reaching your educational goal at Pasadena City College.
Online Counseling FAQ
When you use Online Counseling, you send your question(s) to a counselor through our online form. Your message will be reviewed and your questions answered by a counselor. The more information you provide, the more thorough and accurate we may be. If you feel your question/s are not answered, let us know. Counselors try their best, but sometimes emails may be lost in translation.
Since college requirements and policies are subject to change, all replies are to be used as advisory and informational only and will not constitute an official determination by PCC.
You will receive a response in a timely manner based on counselor availability (generally within 4-7 business days, M-F). We reply to emails Monday - Friday (closed beginning Friday afternoon).
During peak seasons (registration periods), responses may take longer. If your situation is time sensitive, please speak with a counselor in Express Phone Counseling.
Keep in mind that not all questions can be answered in full via this online service. Questions requiring a lengthy response, evaluation of transcripts or questions deemed of a sensitive nature may require an appointment with a counselor on campus. If that's the case, we will respond and let you know that you need to come to the Counseling Center to make an appointment.
Questions You CAN Ask:
- clarification of college procedures and policies
- general certificate, degree and transfer requirements
- course prerequisite information
- course offerings and majors available
- referrals to other programs and services
- transferability of PCC courses
- transfer/degree checklist (if you do not have extensive outside credits)
- equivalencies for PCC Health Science requirements
- one semester ed plan to meet Achievement badge in LancerPoint (only available for students studying for personal interest or to take 1-2 specific class/es for their college/university)
On-line Counseling is NOT appropriate for:
- personal or crisis counseling
- career counseling
- transcript evaluations
- comprehensive educational planning (Ed Plans)
- financial aid inquiries (please connect with the Financial Aid office)
Because of the nature of the Internet and email technology, there can be no assurance of confidentiality when using this online service. When requesting information pertaining to your student records, a reply will only be sent to your Lancer email.
Not all counselors are assigned to Online Counseling. If you need to contact a specific counselor, please use our Staff Directory and send them a direct email.
Online counseling is only to answer your general questions. If you wish to make an appointment, please follow our Counseling Appointments Steps.
Responses take 4-7 business days (or longer during peak times). We reply to emails Monday - Friday (closed beginning Friday afternoon).
- For FASTER assistance, consider using our Express Phone Counseling.
If you are a F-1 student, use our International Counseling Services to speak with an International Student Counselor.
If you are a participant in a special program, please visit your program's website to identify how to connect with your program counselor(s).
- Athletics Counseling
- African American Male Education Network Development (A2MEND)
- Academic Success & College Empowerment Network Design (ASCEND)
- Community Overcoming Recidivism through Education (CORE)
- Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS)
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
- Foster Youth
- Program for Academic Support Services (PASS)
- Parenting Students
- Puente Project
- Queer and Undocumented Empowerment Support to Thrive (QUEST)
- Veteran Services
Additional Online Services
Save time and get what you need now with one of the following online services!