Video/Phone Counseling Appointments
Our counselors are here to answer your questions and help you plan for academic success.
Make An Appointment
There are different academic counselors and programs available to serve all needs. If you are not part of a special program or are not seeking to use a specialized service, please select:
- General Counseling Services, if you have 20+ units
New Student Counseling, if you have 0-20 units.
General Counseling Appointments for Current PCC Students
Phone and video academic counseling appointments are available to current PCC students. Academic Counseling Appointments (15 and 45 minute) are available for students upon referral from the Virtual Support Center:
- June 21st - June 25th: We are maintaining a steady increase of 15-minute Express Counseling Chats/Appointments
(phone) for students during the first week.
- Upon referral, students will be able to self-book a 15 minute Express Counseling Chat/Appointment.
- June 28th - August 20th: We will switch gears and begin increasing 45-minute Counseling Appointments (phone
or video) beginning week 2 of Summer through the remainder of Summer 2021.
- Upon referral, students will be contacted within 4-5 business days to schedule a Counseling Appointment.
If you are part of a special program, we recommend you connect with your program counselor for an appointment.
New to PCC
If you are new to PCC and/or have 0-20 units, please see our New Student Counseling options.
Special program participants, please select your program from the list below to identify how to connect or book an appointment with your program counselor(s).
- Athletics Counseling
- African American Male Education Network Development (A2MEND)
- Academic Success & College Empowerment Network Design (ASCEND)
- Community Overcoming Recidivism through Education (CORE)
- Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS)
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
- Foster Youth
- Program for Academic Support Services (PASS)
- Parenting Students
- Puente Project
- Queer and Undocumented Empowerment Support to Thrive (QUEST)
- Veteran Services
Health Science Majors
If you are a Health Science major (Nursing, Anesthesia Technology, Radiologic Technology, Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting, Restorative Dental Technology, and Medical Assisting), you may make a Health Science Phone or Video Counseling Appointment.
if you are an F1 International Student, please use our International Counseling Services.
Meet with a Career Counselor in the Freeman Center for help in exploring careers, selecting a major, landing an internship and/or more!
Meet with a Transfer Adviser in the Transfer Center to explore transfer options and make sure you are on track!
Prepare For Your Appointment
- Phone Appointments:
- A counselor will call you at the phone number you have listed in LancerPoint.
- Calls may appear as "No Caller ID" or from a 626 number.
- Video Appointments:
- You will be sent an email with a link to enter a Virtual Lobby in Cranium Cafe (through Canvas). Once you are in the lobby, your counselor will invite you to a 1-1 counseling session at the time of your appointment.
- Requires access to Canvas. If you do not have access to Canvas, please select the phone appointment option.
- Virtual/video works best using Google Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- What to Bring
- If you have credits from another college, please have your complete unofficial transcripts ready as an electronic copy (When printing from your college student portal, change your printer to PDF to save as an electronic copy or scan your unofficial transcripts as a PDF).
- Cancel Your Appointment
- Cannot attend your meeting? Please connect with the Virtual Support Center to cancel or reschedule your counseling appointment.
Alternative Counseling Services
Have a quick question or specific requests? You may also consider using our online services if you do not need an immediate response: