Video/Phone Counseling Appointments
We are offering 45 minute phone and video academic counseling appointments. Our counselors look forward to assisting you with your academic goals.
To sign-up for a counseling appointment, please use your PCC/Lancer ID# and your birthdate (MMDDYYYY).
If you are a Health Science major (Nursing, Anesthesia Technology, Radiologic Technology, Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting, Restorative Dental Technology, and Medical Assisting), you may make a Health Science Phone or Video Counseling Appointment.
If you are an International Student on a F-1 visa, you may make a phone or video counseling appointment to meet with your International counselor.
- Phone Appointments:
- A counselor will call you at the phone number you have listed in LancerPoint.
- Calls may appear as "No Caller ID" or from a 626 number.
- Video Appointments:
- You will be sent an email with a link to enter a Virtual Lobby in Cranium Cafe (through Canvas). Once you are in the lobby, your counselor will invite you to a 1-1 counseling session at the time of your appointment.
- Requires access to Canvas. If you do not have access to Canvas, please select the phone appointment option.
- Virtual/video works best using Google Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- New appointments are added daily. If you do not find an appointment in your desired time, please check again the next day.
- If you have credits from another college, please have your complete unofficial transcripts ready as an electronic copy (When printing from your college student portal, change your printer to PDF to save as an electronic copy or scan your unofficial transcripts as a PDF).
- Cannot attend your meeting? Please cancel your appointment by logging back in.
Have a quick question or specific requests? You may also consider using our online services if you do not need an immediate response:
- Online Counseling
- Apply for Your Degree Online or Request for a Degree Check
- Prerequisite Clearance/Placement/Challenge Requests
- Online Educational Plans
If you have never attended college before, you will participate in a new student counseling session after you have applied to PCC, completed your online orientation and checked your English and Math placements in LancerPoint. If you do not see your placements after 2 days of receiving your PCC/Lancer ID#, you may request for placement with your high school transcript using our online prerequisite clearance form. Please DO NOT submit an online request if you have been admitted today. The new student counseling session will complete your "Ed Plan Achievement" in LancerPoint.
Follow the counseling process for continuing students to make a counseling appointment.
During your appointment, make sure you request a transcript review, placement and prerequisite clearance to complete your "Placement Achievement", and an education plan to complete your "Ed Plan Achievement" in LancerPoint.
If you are attending PCC for a few classes or for personal interest, you do not need to meet with a counselor. Instead, follow the steps for one or two term students to complete your LancerPoint Achievements.
Students with a PCC ID# may meet with one of our counselors. If you do not yet have an ID#, first apply to PCC.
If you have a general question, you can use our online counseling service to get your questions answered.