Automatic Degree Awards
PCC has started an automatic degree awarding process. If you qualify for one or more degrees, you may receive a notification that you are being awarded with a degree(s). Below you will find more information about what to expect after you received your degree notification email.
Degree Notification Email
You received an email letting you know that you qualify OR are pending current classes to receive one or more degrees. In this email, it entails the graduation term, the degree/s, and how to cancel your degree if you do not want to graduate.
If you would like to cancel your degree, please reply to the email and let us know.
Passing Your Current Classes
Please check LancerPlan to view your degree audit. If the audit does not match your degree/s listed on your email notification, you may do a “What If” in LancerPlan to check your requirements and find out if you are pending specific classes.
If You are Earning an ADT (AA-T/AS-T) Degree
If you are transferring to a CSU for a major that accepts your ADT degree and you noted your ADT intent on your CSU application, our evaluators will submit an e-verify to the CSUs on your behalf.
- Go to the ADT website
Enter your major, Pasadena City College and your CSU
If you did not let the CSU know of your ADT intent on your CSU application, you will need to submit a paper ADT verification to your CSUs directly. To receive the ADT verification form, reply to your degree notification email to request for the "Verification of Intent to Earn Associate in Arts/Science Degree - Transfer" form. Once you receive the form via email, you may make copies and submit to your CSUs.
Once your ADT degree posts on your PCC transcript, your official PCC transcript will be your verification document. You will no longer need to submit the paper ADT verification form.
You do NOT need to submit the ADT verification if you are transferring as a different major (i.e. earning AS-T in Math but transferring as a Biology major).
You do NOT need to submit the ADT verification if you are transferring to a UC.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does my degree post to my transcript?
Pending final requirements, your degree(s) will post on your PCC transcript in:
- August/September for SUMMER Graduation
- January/February for FALL Graduation
- July/August for SPRING Graduation
At that time, you may verify your degree(s) on your unofficial transcript in LancerPoint.
When and how will I get my diploma?
Diploma(s) will be mailed to your mailing address listed in LancerPoint in:
- November/December for SUMMER Graduation
- April/May for FALL Graduation
- October/November for SPRING Graduation
- SUMMER Graduation: Commencement information will be mailed to you in late April of the following year to participate in the June ceremony later that following year. If you wish to participate in the ceremony of the same year, please see a counselor in Counseling (L building) or let us know through online counseling.
- FALL Graduation: Commencement information will be mailed to you in late April of 2018 to participate in the June 2018 ceremony.
- SPRING Graduation: Commencement information will be mailed to you in late April to participate in the June ceremony of that same year.
Note: If you work at PCC, you will need to update your address in Human Resources.
Log in to LancerPoint.
- Make sure you are in the "Home" tab (left).
- Scroll down and click on "Update Addresses and Phones".
- Confirm if your mailing address is current. If you need to update your address, under the drop-down menu for "Type of Address to Insert", select "Mailing" and click on "Submit".
- Follow the prompts to update your mailing address.
Receiving an Associate degree at PCC will not impact your enrollment at PCC, your Financial Aid or your California College Promise Grant (BOGW) at PCC.