What to Expect After You Have Applied for Graduation
Dates & Deadlines
- Commencement 2018:
Friday, June 15
So, you've applied for graduation – now what? Here you'll find information about what to expect after you have applied for graduation. This information may vary depending on when you expect to graduate: Fall, Spring, or Summer.
Check for a Confirmation Email
A pending degree confirmation email will be sent to your LancerMail in LancerPoint.
File for Your Certificate (AS degree Only)
NOTE: this does not apply to the AA/AA-T/AS-T degreesRegardless of when you plan to graduate, make sure to file for your certificate of achievement through the Division.
Your graduation petition will be forwarded to your evaluator for a second review. If you are missing requirements or records, the evaluator will inform you through a letter sent to your mailing address listed in LancerPoint. If there are no issues with your graduation petition, you will not receive any notification (except for the graduation confirmation email from Counseling).
If you have completed all your requirements, wait until your degree posts according to the graduation timeline for your term.
If you Filed for an ADT (AA-T/AS-T) Degree
If you are transferring to a CSU for a major that accepts your ADT degree and you noted your ADT intent on your CSU application, our evaluators will submit an e-verify to the CSUs on your behalf.
- Go to the ADT website
Enter your major, Pasadena City College and your CSU
If you did not let the CSU know of your ADT intent on your CSU application, you will need to submit a paper ADT verification to your CSUs directly. You may request this form by replying to the general graduation confirmation email. You will need to make copies of the "Verification of Intent to Earn Associate in Arts/Science Degree - Transfer" form (given to you at the time that you filed for graduation) and submit to your CSUs.
Once your ADT degree posts on your PCC transcript, your official transcript will be your verification document. You will no longer need to submit the paper ADT verification form.
You do NOT need to submit the ADT verification if you are transferring as a different major (i.e. getting AS-T in Math but transferring as a Biology major).
You do NOT need to submit the ADT verification if you are transferring to a UC.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does my degree post to my transcript?
Pending final requirements, your degree(s) will post on your PCC transcript in:
- August/September for SUMMER Graduation
- January/February for FALL Graduation
- July/August for SPRING Graduation
At that time, you may verify your degree(s) on your unofficial transcript in LancerPoint.
When and how will I get my diploma?
Diploma(s) will be mailed to your mailing address listed in LancerPoint in:
- November/December for SUMMER Graduation
- April/May for FALL Graduation
- October/November for SPRING Graduation
- SUMMER Graduation: Commencement information will be mailed to you in late April of the following year to participate in the June ceremony later that following year. If you wish to participate in the ceremony of the same year, please see a counselor in Counseling (L building) or let us know through online counseling.
- FALL Graduation: Commencement information will be mailed to you in late April of 2018 to participate in the June 2018 ceremony.
- SPRING Graduation: Commencement information will be mailed to you in late April to participate in the June ceremony of that same year.
Note: If you work at PCC, you will need to update your address in Human Resources.
Log in to LancerPoint.
- Make sure you are in the "Home" tab (left).
- Scroll down and click on "Update Addresses and Phones".
- Confirm if your mailing address is current. If you need to update your address, under the drop-down menu for "Type of Address to Insert", select "Mailing" and click on "Submit".
- Follow the prompts to update your mailing address.
Receiving an Associate degree at PCC will not impact your enrollment at PCC, your Financial Aid or your California College Promise Grant (BOGW) at PCC.