Counseling is not conducting business in-person until further notice. The following Remote/Online counseling services are available during this time.
New Student Counseling (NSC) is now online! Once you complete your NSC session, you will be asked to submit an intake form for a counselor to review and develop an educational plan for Summer and/or Fall. Once your educational plan is complete, you can find your educational plan in Lancer Plan. Instructions on how to access your plan will be sent to your PCC email. The processing time is about 7-12 days. Thank you for your patience.
- New Student Counseling is for recent High School graduates. If you are a new student and have other college transcripts, please use our Express Counseling service.
To better serve and support all students during this registration period, the General Counseling office is now offering Express Counseling through July 31st. Express Counseling is available Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 8 am - 5 pm and Friday 8 am - 4 pm.
Express Counseling is a 15 minute phone session with a counselor for any of the following:
- Prerequisite clearances
- Course advisement
- Transfer information; IGETC/CSU Breadth Inquiries
- Information about Associate Degree/Certificate programs
- Information about important enrollment deadlines and registration assistance
- Clarification of college policies and procedures
- Brief assistance with various forms/petitions such as: Reinstatement, AP Credit, Reduced Course Load, Concurrent Enrollment, etc.
- Information about campus support resources and/or programs
- Abbreviated Educational Plan (for registration purpose only)
- Graduation Petitions and PCC Complete (No outside college transcripts)
- Express Counseling is not for comprehensive education plans or transcript evaluations
If you need more than 15 minutes, you will be referred to schedule a counseling appointment.
NOTE: The Express Counseling line will close automatically if the number of students waiting far exceeds available counselors.
Visit the PCC Virtual Welcome Center for questions and help with the PCC Application for admission, registration, applying for Financial Aid, and referrals to college resources and services!
Make a Phone or Virtual Counseling Appointment
You can book a 45 minute phone or virtual (video meeting) academic counseling appointment by using the link below. We welcome any student to use this general counseling appointment booking platform. To prepare for the appointment, please read through the confirmation email sent to you after booking.
- If you select phone, expect a call at the phone number you have listed in LancerPoint.
- If you select virtual (video meeting), you will be sent a link to enter a Virtual Lobby in Cranium Cafe.
- Note: If you are a new student to PCC with previous college transcripts, please make a phone appointment and have your unofficial transcript(s) ready for your appointment.
Additional Remote Services
When you use Online Counseling, you send/email your question(s) to a counselor through our online form. Your message will be reviewed and your questions answered by a counselor. The more information you provide, the more thorough and accurate we can be. You will receive a response in a timely manner based on counselor availability. If you need immediate help, please make a 45-minute phone or virtual appointment.
B2S online is a class in Canvas for students who are on stage 1 probation. If your current academic standing is Stage 1, you have been invited to B2S see B2S in your Canvas portal. The goals of B2S are to give you the knowledge and tools necessary to get you back to Good Standing as soon as possible. We believe in you and know you can do this!
- After completing B2S online in Canvas (this can take approximately 20-30 minutes), please use our Express Counseling Service.
If your academic standing is stage 2 probation or you were dismissed from the college, please use our Express Counseling Service. Advanced Phone or Virtual appointments will resume August 3rd.
The Prerequisite Office is fully online and can assist you with your prerequisite clearances, challenges, and placement using high school transcript and/or other university/college transcripts.
You can use this online service if all four of the following are true:
- You only have credits at PCC and no AP or other college or university credits.
- You only want to transfer to a UC or CSU or receive an Associate degree or Certificate at PCC.
- You know your specific academic goal/major.
- You have received placement for English/ESL and Math in LancerPoint.
If you not meet the above criteria and are in need of a 1-2 semester educational plan, please use our Express Counseling Service. Advanced Phone or Virtual appointments will resume August 3rd.
You can file for your degree once you have registered for your final semester (Fall,
Spring, or Summer).
- Spring 2020 degree petition deadline was April 30th
- Summer 2020 degree petition deadline is August 13th
- View the Registration Calendar for Specific Deadlines
Note: June 2020 commencement has been postponed due to the current health climate. Students graduating in Summer 2019, Fall 2019, and Spring 2020 will participate in the June 2021 commencement. Commencement postponement will not impact the awarding of your degree/s.
You qualify for PCC Complete if you meet the following criteria:
- Will register for your final classes needed to complete your degree(s) in the upcoming term.
- Completed 45 to 99 units (courses numbered 1-399) at PCC.
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA (courses numbered 1-399) at PCC.
- Have not received PCC Complete priority registration in a previous term.
You may apply online during the following periods to receive an earlier registration date for the terms listed:
- Summer 2020: March 1 - April 10
- Fall 2020: May 1 - June 15