To sign up for benefits please click the link below. To login please use your Lancerpoint Account. Please do not include the @pasadena.edu on your username.
Adjunct Faculty Benefits Guide
View the 2023 - 2024 Benefits Guide for an overview of your healthcare coverage, cost of coverage, and more.
The district will pay up to 80% of the medical benefit monthly premium for employee-only coverage.
- In lieu of Kaiser medical plan, eligible employees may elect a composite dental and/or vision plan up to the cost of the District's medical contribution.
- If you Decline Kaiser Medical you will be asked to fill out a waiver form and provide a card of your current medical coverage. You may enroll into Dental and Vision and the District will pay 100% for the premium.
- Adjuncts who elect Kaiser HMO Insurance, may purchase at their own cost, Kaiser coverage for dependents, dental insurance and/or vision insurance.
Due to the nature of the measurement period, there is a short turnaround window for you to enroll in benefits.
Faculty Workload Values
For questions regarding eligibility please refer to the Faculty Workload Values Menu listed below*
|All Credit Divisions except Natural Sciences (Lecture and Lab)|
|Note: 17 LHE = 100% workload||LECTURE||LAB (Nursing)||LAB (Dental Hygiene)||LAB (Dental Assisting)||LAB (All Others)|
|TOTAL HOURS PER COURSE OUTLINE OF RECORD||1.00 : 1.00||1.00 : 0.83||1.00 : 0.78||1.00 : 0.75|
|Natural Sciences Division Only|
|Note: 18 LHE = 100% workload*||LECTURE||LAB|
|TOTAL HOURS PER COURSE OUTLINE OF RECORD||1.00 : 1.00*|
|All Credit Divisions (Activity, PE Activity, and Field Practice)||ACTIVITY||PHYSICAL EDUCATION ACTIVITY||FIELD PRACTICE|
|TOTAL HOURS PER COURSE OUTLINE OF RECORD||1.00 : 0.87||1.00 : 0.7143||1.00 : 0.20|
|Non-Credit Division Only|
|25 weekly hours = FTF workload
|TOTAL HOURS PER COURSE OUTLINE OF RECORD||LECTURE||LAB|
Please note: for reference, course outlines of record can be viewed in WebCMS Workload values are independent of schedule format, class modality, and number of weeks offered.
*Charts effective 8/28/2023
-Adjunct Faculty Workload Values are based on Article 5 of the Faculty Association Contract Bargaining Agreement.
Oerview of Adjunct Faculty Benefits
Dental- Delta Dental Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
Vision-EyeMED (PPO or HMO)
Note: If the Medical plan is waived the Dental and Vision plan premium will be 100% paid by PCC. Enrollment is not automatic you must enroll via Benxcel.
Coverage will be offered the month following the semester start date.
|Semester||Length of Coverage|
|Fall||September - February|
|Spring||March - August|
Based on your pay schedule deductions will be taken over 5 months, for 6 months of coverage. All payroll benefit deductions are taken on a pre-tax basis.
|Coverage Level||Total Cost||Employer Contribution||Employee Contribution|
|Employee + Spouse||$3,332.87||$1,211.95||$2,120.92*|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$2,726.89||$1,211.95||$1,514.94*|
|Coverage Level||Total Cost|
|Composite (unlimited eligible dependent coverage)||$164.40*|
*Per month rate.
|Benefit||Coverage Level||Total Cost|
|Exam + Material||Composite Rate||$17.39*|
|Materials Only||Composite Rate||$13.75*|
Vision premium is 100% paid by the District, if the Medical plan is waived, but you must enroll via Benxcel.
*Per month rates.
All benefit payroll deductions are taken on a pre-tax basis.
Fall Semester: First deduction will be October 5th if coverage starts on September 1st. Last deduction will be on the March 5th check.
Spring Semester: First deduction will be April 5th if coverage starts in March. Last deduction will be on September 5th check.
Note: There are no payroll deductions during the months of July and February. If there is no winter intersession the February check will have a deduction.
If Adjunct does not have enough pay or does not get paid, we will double the deduction the following month. Or we may request a personal check.
- The District pays 80% of premiums for employee-only medical coverage. Medical coverage for eligible dependents can be purchased.
- Employees will have their premium contributions deducted from their paycheck on a pre-tax basis for 5-months to cover 6-months of coverage. *Note: There is no payroll deduction for the month of July.
- Employees may waive the coverage by completing the Waiver Form.
- If a deduction is missed due to insufficient earnings, it is still the employee’s responsibility to ensure that their premium payment is received to avoid cancellation of coverage.
- If your FTE load drops to under 40% and you no longer qualify for medical benefits, you are eligible for COBRA benefits through Benefit Coordinators Corporation or you may also shop for coverage in the Marketplace, by visiting their website at HealthCare.gov or coverca.com.
Benefit Coordinators Corporation (BCC) is Pasadena City College's COBRA third party administrator. Should you become ineligible for benefits BCC will mail you a COBRA notice. You may also contact them for further information.
Benefit Coordinators Corporation; Attn: COBRA
Two Robinson Plaza, Suite 200
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Note: If you are unable to access these documents and require additional accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.