Livescan fingerprinting is for employment at PCC only.
No public Livescan is available.
All new employees will be provided with a link to schedule an appointment.
Contact us at (626) 585-3107 if you have any questions.
Livescan is a fast and easy way to submit and process background checks. The Livescan is the process of obtaining digital fingerprints and submitting them electronically to the Departmetn of Justice (DOJ) and to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) as required for a condition of employment.
Completing Your Livescan fingerprinting
What to Bring:
- The HR department will provide you with a link to schedule an appointment.
- Bring a valid Photo ID (expired ID's will not be accepted.)
- A fee of $62 will be deducted from the employee's first payroll check.
After the Fingerprinting
Once we complete our fingerprinting process, your file is immediately transmitted to the DOJ for background check processing.
Background check results are typically received by the requesting agency within three (3) business days, but could take up to thirty (30) days depending upon DOJ processing times.
Please be aware that previous livescans and resulting background checks cannot be transferred from one agency to another.
Additional Information About Live Scan
- After we have completed your livescan you will be provided with an ATI#. You may use the ATI# and your date of birth to contact the DOJ Automated Applicant Response System at 916-227-4557 for more information on the processing of your results. It is recommended that you wait a few days for your status to update into the DOJ Automated Response System.
- Our Livescan Service Agents do not receive your background check results.
- Once we have submitted livescan information please refer to the DOJ website regarding how to follow up on your background check results.
We are a designated government agency certified by the DOJ to perform livescan fingerprinting for purposes of criminal background checks for the DOJ and FBI. We take great care to ensure the privacy rights of all applicants and the proper handling of confidential applicant information. Please note that livescan Agents do not receive your background results. Please contact the DOJ to inquire about delays in your background check results.
As trained fingerprint technicians we always do our best to ensure the clearest prints are taken to prevent the rejection of your prints by the DOJ and/or FBI due to poor print quality. However, certain uncontrollable factors can sometimes lead to print rejection. If your prints are rejected, please return to our office with the DOJ and/or FBI rejection letter. There will be no additional cost to retake your fingerprint impressions.
In the case of minors two requirements must be met for live scan fingerprinting:
- Parent consent (Parent affidavit/letter stating that they are the parent and are consenting to allow the child to be fingerprinted or accompanying parent.
- Valid photo ID (Primary form of ID = State issued Drivers License/ID)
*When a minor cannot provide a primary form of ID, the following may also be accepted:
- One (1) of the following forms of secondary ID:
- State issued Certificate of Birth
- Valid U.S. Passport
- U.S. Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs ID Card
- Social Security Card
- Court Order for Name Change/Gender Change/Adoption/Divorce
- U.S. Government issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Foreign Passport with appropriate immigration document(s)
- Certificate of Citizenship (N560)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
- INS I-551 Resident Alien Card issued since 1997
- INS I-688 Temporary Resident ID Card
One Supplementary ID:
- Valid Student ID from a local school (bring original and 1 copy)
- One accompanying parent/guardian must provide their own valid primary ID (bring original and 1 copy)
*Note that also in the case of minors supplemental documents must support the validation of the secondary ID (i.e. school ID show child’s picture & name, parent ID shows same last name as the child, guardian provides documents showing proof of custody, etc).