A Comprehensive Benefits Package
As an employee of PCC, you have access to a comprehensive set of benefits. Our benefits cover a variety of areas, with multiple options in each area allowing you to choose the plan that works best for you!
Questions? Contact our Benefits Technician, Conna Bain (626-585-7719) or our Benefits and Wellness Coordinator, Cristina Zamora (626-585-7503) for help in reviewing and understanding your options!
AVAILABLE RESOURCES DURING THE COVID-19 QUARANTINE
Majority of the resources are available to everyone covered under SISC Kaiser or SISC Anthem and your eligible dependents.
Anthem Blue Cross and Kaiser Permanente announced that their insured plans would waive member cost share for in-network COVID-19 treatment and testing received through May 31, 2020.
• SISC EAP is here for you to help you stay informed, use coping skills, and be prepared.
• SISC EAP has put together a list of resources with information on parenting and the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, educational and childcare resources, as well as advice on how to talk to children about it.
• Parenting during the Coronavirus outbreak may be challenging- SISC is here to help you with dependent care, education or even with help on discussing COVID-19 with your children.
• LifeKEYS is an additional EAP It’s easy to access LifeKeys services. Just call (855) 891-3684 or visit
(First-time user: Enter Web ID LifeKeys)
• Need a doctor, but don’t want to take a trip to Urgent Care? SISC MD Live has $0 Copays for Spring 2020
• Kaiser members also have access to Kaiser telemedicine.
• Watch a video to help your children understand (COVID-19)
• Learn about Navitus’ RX Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
• Navitus offering $0 vaccination program to guard yourself against preventable diseases.
• Stay up to date with Anthem coverage and COVID-19
• Emergency Relief COVID-19- Schools First is here to help
• Schools First Federal Credit Union Guide to Service with Safety
• The world is rapidly changing and the current health care system is struggling to keep up with the needs of many people. In an effort to help address a part of the problem, SISC is excited to introduce Vida Health, a virtual care and health coaching service. Vida will be available to SISC PPO and HMO members effective April 1, 2020.
• For more information on any benefits plan offered by PCC the Employee Benefits Guide is available as well.
- Benefits has prepared a presentation that explains some of the planning steps one may want to consider in regards to your PCC provided and sponsored plans including retirement, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and long-term disability. Life Planning Considerations Video
Anthem Blue Cross
Website | 800-825-5541
Under the Prudent Incentive Plan, you may choose your own physician, or a Prudent Buyer Physician each time you receive care. A non-Prudent Buyer Physician will be paid at 80/100% of eligible charges according to customary and reasonable rates. A Prudent Buyer Physician will be paid based on Blue Cross negotiated rate at 90%. Therefore your out-of-pocket cost will be lower when you use a Prudent Buyer Provider.
Anthem Blue Cross CaliforniaCare
Website | 800-825-5541
Anthem Blue Cross is Federally Qualified Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) which provides services through a network of existing medical groups. Members select a (PCP) medical group which becomes the center of all their health care needs.
Website | 800-464-4000
Kaiser Foundation Plan is Federally Qualified Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) which arranges for medical and hospital care to be provided at their Kaiser Permanente facilities. Members may use any one of their medical offices and hospitals when care is required.
Website | 866-499-3001
Delta pays 70% of the approved fees for covered diagnostic, preventive, basic, cast and crown benefits during the first year you are eligible. This percentage will increase 10% each year (to a maximum of 100%) for each enrollee, provided that person visits the dentist at least once during the year.
Website | 866-939-3633
Employees with Blue Cross PPO or Cash In Lieu: Comprehensive examination in any 12 consecutive months and one pair of lenses and frames or contact lenses every 12 consecutive months.
Employees with Kaiser or CaliforniaCare: one pair of lenses and frames or contact lenses every 12 consecutive months. Please note: those on HMO the eye exam goes through the HMO provider.
Group Life Insurance Benefits for eligible employees of $50,000 and $1,500 for eligible dependents.
800-999-7222 or anthemEAP.com
Company code: SISC
EAP is available 24/7, so you can call at the time and place that is right for you.
STRS (State Teachers’ Retirement System)
Website | 800-228-5453
Membership in the CalSTRS Disability Benefit Program includes all employees in California public schools from kindergarten through community college, in positions performing creditable service under the Program. Your own contribution is 8.56% for 2015-2016 and 9.205% for 2016 - 2017
CalPERS (California Public Employees’ Retirement System)
Website | 1-888-225-7377
School members are those employees in non-teaching positions within the jurisdiction of a school employer. Your own contribution is 6% (2015-2016)
APPLE (Accumulation Program for Part-time and Limited-service Employees)
This Plan was enacted in response to federal legislation, which requires state and local government agencies to cover employees under a retirement plan or under Social Security.
Pasadena Service Federal Credit Union
Website | 626-351-9651
Staff and faculty members (along with their immediate family members) are eligible to become members.
SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
Website | 800-462-8328
Staff and faculty members (along with their immediate family members) are eligible to become members. Contact Kush Thandi (extension 4116 option 1) for information or set up. SFFCU is the administrator for 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plans, 403(b) TSA plans, and Roth 403(b)plans.
▪ Members may visit only in-network veterinarians and ER hospitals to receive discounted services.
▪ Requires Primary Care Vet. Veterinary change notification required.
▪ All pets are eligible and do not have to live in the same household.
▪ No annual benefit limit or deductible.
▪ Members must show ID card to receive discount. Savings applied instantly in vet's office. ▪ Wellness is included in pricing.
▪ Members may visit any veterinarian, at anytime, anywhere in the world.
▪ All pets are eligible and must live in the same household.
▪ Members are reimbursed for all covered conditions. Pre-existing conditions are not covered.
▪ $7,500 maximum annual benefit and $250 annual deductible per pet plan.
▪ Wellness is a buy-up option that includes spay/neuter, vaccinations and more.
▪ Must submit a claim and vet bill for reimbursement.
▪ Submit claims from your smartphone with the free VitusVet app.
▪ Members have free, 24/7 access to VetHelpline.
▪ Tenthly post-tax benefit deduction. To learn more and to enroll your pet in My Pet Protection visit click here.