Admission to the Dental Assisting Program
We accept applications from January 14 to April 19 for Fall semester enrollment.
All materials must be received in the Division office on the Main Campus (W-204) by
April 19 at 3 pm. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, then the deadline
is the following business day.
The program administrator and faculty, in cooperation with appropriate institutional personnel establish admissions procedures which are non-discriminatory, contribute to the quality of the program, and allow selection of students with potential for successfully completing the program.
There is an established admissions committee which includes the program administrator, representatives of the program faculty, general education faculty and counseling staff.
We use the following criteria standards during the selection process:
- Priority acceptance into the full time program to students who are enrolled and/or completed one or more of the following courses: DA 108, DA 110, DA 111, DA 140 or DA 124.
- Students who have completed the application packet during the application period.
- Priority to student who completed health clearance and CPR.
- Students who complete after the application period will be selected pending space availability.
- Take the ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension Test in Building D, Room 205. Applicants must read at the 10th grade level to be successful in the course.
Application forms are available from January 14th to April 19th for fall enrollment.
Requirements to Apply
To be accepted to the Dental Assisting Program, you must:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent with a 2.0 GPA.
- Grade point average of 2.0 for all college work.
- Two sets of official high school and college transcripts.
- Completed application for enrollment in the program.
- Current CPR/ Basic Life Support card, which must be maintained while in the program. Training Solutions offers CPR courses; info is available at 1-800-464-6451.
How to Apply
If you are not currently enrolled at PCC, you need to apply for admission to the college in addition to applying to the Dental Assisting program. Apply now to PCC .
2 Complete Your Application Packet
To apply to the Dental Assisting program you need to submit a complete application packet which includes:
- A completed Dental Assisting Application
- One official U.S. high school transcript, GED certificate, or Equivalency Report from one of the college’s acceptable companies*
3 Submit Your Application Packet
Submit your completed application packet, you must mail or deliver it in person to the Health Sciences office on the main PCC campus. No copies or faxed applications will be accepted.
Pasadena City College
Dental Assisting Program
Health Sciences Division W-204
1570 East Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91106
All materials must be received in the Division office on the Main Campus (W-204) ) by April 19 at 3 pm. If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, then the deadline is the following business day.
The Health Sciences Division will inform you of the status of your application by email upon submission of all required documentation.
Upon selection to the program, you will be required to complete the following requirements:
If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies before applying:
International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310)-258-9451 | www.ierf.org
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
(310)-275-3530 | www.aceil.com
American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626)-339-4404 | www.aerc-eval.com