Application Periods & Deadlines
- February 1 - March 20: applicants who apply during this application cycle will begin the course in the Summer Intersession, if selected.
- June 15 - July 1: applicants who apply during this application cycle will begin the course in the Fall semester, if selected.
- October 1 - October 20: applicants who apply during this application cycle will begin the course in the Winter Intersession, if selected.
- November 1- November15: applicants who apply during this application cycle will begin the course in the Spring semester, if selected.
Winter 2024 EKG Technician course schedule:
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1/9/2024 through 2/15/2024, 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
On Campus Skills Lab
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1/9/2024 through 2/15/2024 1:00 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.
Off Campus Clinical
7 hours per week in addition to any scheduled hours from 1/9/2024 through 2/15/2024.
Instructor will provide detailed information on the specific time for the off campus
clinical requirement once the course has begun.Late applications will not be accepted
How to Register for the EKG Technician Course
Applicants must be 18 years or older, provide proof of U.S. High School graduation, GED or Foreign Equivalency Report (requires translation). EKG Technician course clinical sites require anyone assisting with the provision of care within their facility or completing clinical rotations to be 18 years or older. In order to successfully complete the EKG Technician course, you must complete both the theory and clinical components of the course.
1 Step 1
Applicants will be sent a secure link via email to their PCC Lancer email account with instructions on how to submit the following required documents:
- United States High School (or GED or Foreign Equivalency*) transcripts must be official transcripts that you have opened, scanned, saved as a PDF file and uploaded with your EKG Technician application. Label the transcripts "High School Transcripts". A copy of your high school diploma will not be accepted. Once you have opened your official transcripts, keep this set for your own personal records.
- United States Veterans must also submit a PDF file of their DD214 with the application. Name the file "DD214"
- Spouses of U.S. Veterans must include a PDF file of the marriage license and DD214. Name the file "Marriage License". the DD214 should be saved as a separate PDF file labeled "DD214".
Once the application period has closed, the secure link will no longer accept documents.
Follow these basic directions for scanning documents to create PDF files:
- Open the sealed official High School transcript(s) that you will be uploading to the secure link
- Scan the official transcripts using a device such as a printer or scanner
- Follow the scanner manufacturers directions to scan each document to your computer or USB drive
- Select the PDF file format option before scanning. Only PDF files of your transcripts and other supporting documents will be accepted. Formats such as JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, screenshot, word documents, etc. will not be accepted for the application process.
- Save your PDF document to a folder in a location on your computer or removable drive that you can easily access (Desktop or Documents folder is suggested)
*If you have foreign transcripts, please read our information on how to have your transcripts evaluated.
NOTE: Students who do not have access to a personal scanner may choose to use a commercial copying center to have their required documents scanned and made into PDFs that then may be uploaded as part of your application.
Follow these basic directions for uploading documents to your online application:
- Open the secure link emailed to your PCC Lancer email
- Find the PDF files you want to upload from your computer or flash drive
- Select the file by double clicking on it (tap twice)
- Your file will be uploaded
After you have submitted your application and have downloaded your required transcripts through the secure link, you will be sent forms and instructions on how to complete Step #3 to your Pasadena City College email account.
- Obtain an American Heart Association CPR/Basic Live Support card. Only American Heart Association CPR cards will be accepted. https://cpr.heart.org/en
- Complete the Health Sciences EKG Health Requirements form
- Complete a Background check - more information to follow
4 Step 4
Return as a completed packet the documents listed below. These items must be scanned and saved as PDF files. Formats such as JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, screenshot, word documents, etc. will not be accepted. Applicants will be sent an email address to send the packet of completed documents.
- American Heart Association CPR verification. Must show an expiration date. Label the PDF file "CPR"
- Proof of a Completed Background Check
- Copy of the completed Health Sciences EKG Technician Health Requirements form. Make sure you have signed and dated the form. Some of the vaccinations may be in progress. You must have completed at least the first vaccination if it is a series of vaccinations. Label the PDF file "Health Requirements"
Keep copies of all your documents for your own personal records. The Health Sciences Division cannot make copies for you.
Students who complete Step #1 and Step #2 will be randomly selected for a conditional seat in the course. Students who are randomly selected will be sent an email with the necessary forms and documents that must be completed by a deadline date (see Step 2 and Step 3). Applicants who complete the required documents by the deadline will be given permission to register for the course. Failure to complete the required documentation means you will not be able to register for the course.
Students will be cleared to register for the EKG Technician course after completing steps 1-4 above by the Health Sciences Division Office and the required documentation has been verified as complete. The EKG course is limited to 15 students per section. The first students to complete all required documentation will be sent an email notifying them to register for the course.
All applicants will be notified of their status prior to the start of class by email. Additionally, non-selected applicants will be notified when the class is full.
If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies before applying:
International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310)-258-9451 | www.ierf.org
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
(310)-275-3530 | www.aceil.com
American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626)-339-4404 | www.aerc-eval.com