Prepare to Transfer and Earn a Bachelor Degree and Teaching Credential!
The Education Program at Pasadena City College is a well established program providing both curricular and transfer information components for the prospective teacher. Through our porgrams, you can streamline the process to become a teacher and simultaneously achieve a bachelor degree and teaching credential upon transfer to the four year institution.
Currently, PCC maintains partnerships with five public universities and three private universities in order to assist you in reaching your goal of a bachelor degree combined with a Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential or Education Specialist Credential.
Is Teaching For You?
As a teacher you will assume a wide range of roles to educate your students as well as student success. As with any career, there is not a simple formula to what qualities make a "good teacher". Yet, according to EUREKA, a career software program, successful teachers have the ability to:
- communicate and relate well to people
- make judgments using knowledge or experience
- above average ability to check accuracy
- work under pressure and independently
- use problem-solving skills
Additionally, these attributes contribute to a successful teacher:
- A strong desire to work with young people as well as to have a positive impact on their lives
- A willingness to work with students from diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Ability to be creative, energetic and patient
- The competence to be organized, work unsupervised, and be willing to implement and maintain discipline