Physical Science is a branch of natural sciences that studies non-living systems. Our courses explore various topics within physical sciences while emphasizing critical thinking skills and general methods of scientific inquiry. Our Physical Science course (PHSC 3) is a great way for non-science majors to fulfill a general education requirement for transfer to a CSU or UC or to complete an Associate Degree.
Physical Science Courses Offered
- PHSC 002: Scientific Method as Critical Thinking
- PHSC 003: Physical Sciences
- PHSC 003: Laboratory for Physical Sciences
- PHSC 071A - C: Exploring Topics in Physical Science
- PHSC 171A-C: Exploring Topics in Physical Science
Use the links below to see full course descriptions as well as the current semester's offerings.
Several Physical Science classes at PCC carry transfer credit. Additionally, PHSC 002, 003, and 003L also fulfill general education requirements. Visit the Transfer Center for a list of requirements as well as resources to make sure these courses satisfy GEs for your degree or transfer plan.