Get access to excellent science education. Learn by direct experience with the methods and processes of scientific inquiry. Explore a wide range of chemistry-related fields all in a supportive environment.
Chemistry courses at PCC serve students with varying academic backgrounds and goals. The Chemistry Sequence prepares students who intend to transfer into STEM majors. Additionally, we offer specialized courses for students pursuing a health sciences degree.
The Chemistry sequence at PCC prepares you to transfer to a four-year university and pursue a STEM major such as biochemistry, medicine and health sciences, biology, and physics.
Chemistry Sequence Pre-Requisites
To be ready for the Chemistry sequence you must successfully complete Math 131.
STEM Majors Chemistry Sequence
- Chem 1A - General Chemistry
- Chem 1B - General Chemistry
- Chem 8A - Organic Chemistry
- Chem 8B - Organic Chemistry
Are you planning to pursue an Allied Health Major? Chemistry 2A and 2b are prerequisites for many of the PCC health sciences programs, including Nursing and Dental Hygiene.
Before completing Chem 2A/2B, please visit the Health Sciences website to review program options and requirements.
- Chem 001A General Chemistry and Chemical Analysis
- Chem 001B General Chemistry and Chemical Analysis
- Chem 002A Chemistry — General, Organic and BioChemistry
- Chem 002B Chemistry — General, Organic and BioChemistry
- Chem 008A Organic Chemistry
- CHEM 008B Organic Chemistry
- Chem 020 Independent Study
- Chem 022 Introductory Chemistry
- Chem 108 Problem Solving Skills for Success in Organic Chemistry
Use the links below to see full course descriptions as well as the current semester's offerings.
Most chemistry classes at PCC carry transfer credit. Chemistry 22 also fulfills general education requirements. For more information, please visit the Transfer Center's "What Courses Will Transfer" resource page.