Fulfill a General Education Requirement or prepare to transfer to a four-year university
and major in Environmental Science.
The Environmental Studies courses at PCC explore the interaction between humans and the environment. We emphasize the links between different subjects related to this issue, including ecology, economics, geography, geology, meteorology, politics and sociology.
Environmental Studies Courses Offered
- ENVS 001: Introduction to Environmental Science
- ENVS 002: Human Impact on the Environment
- ENVS 003: Chemistry and the Environment
- ENVS 020: Independent Study
- ENVS 030: Environmental Field Investigations
- ENVS 040: Environmental Field Laboratory
Use the links below to see full course descriptions as well as the current semester's offerings.
All Environmental Studies classes at PCC carry transfer credit towards a bachelor degree in Environmental Science. ENVS 001, 002, and 003 also fulfill general education requirements for CSU and UC schools. Visit the Transfer Center for a list of requirements as well as resources to make sure these courses satisfy GEs for your degree or transfer plan.