Our Federal Work-Study (FWS) program offers on campus employment opportunities to current PCC students with a financial need. If you are granted Work Study, you may work up to 19 hours per week while school is in session to earn money to go towards your cost of tuition, books, and fees.


Work Study funds are limited, so awards are given to students who meet the priority funding deadlines.

Work Study Qualifications include:

  • Have a financial need (as demonstrated by your FAFSA)
  • Be a US Citizen or eligible non-citizen (permanent resident)
  • Be enrolled at PCC at least half-time (minimum 6 units)
  • Have a -1500 SAI (Student Aid Index) 
  • You meet satisfactory academic progress requirements
  • You are not in default on a student loan or owe a grant repayment.

To find out if you qualify, simply complete your FAFSA by the March 2nd deadline and indicate that you are interested in Work Study.

Work Study Jobs and Wages

The Work Study program encourages community service and work related to your course of study. Your job will be on campus. On-campus jobs involve working for a variety of PCC offices, departments or organizations. Examples include working for the Shatford Library, the Engineering and Technology Department or of the Office of Admissions and Records. 

Your Federal Work-Study wages will be at least the current federal minimum wage, but it may be higher, depending on the type of work you do and the skills required. At PCC, the minimum Federal Work Study hourly wage is $15.00 per hour. Your total Federal Work-Study award depends on when you apply, your level of need, and the funds available at PCC.

Starting Your Work Study Job

Awarded Federal Work Study? Use the steps below to help you get started!

1. Find a Job You're Interested in!

Once you have been awarded Federal Work Study, it is your responsibility to find a work study job. Use the Career Center's job resource to look for on campus Work-Study job opportunities.

2. Meet with the PCC Work Study Coordinator

After you find a job that you're interested in, meet with the Work Study coordinator at the Office of Financial Aid (L-114). At this meeting, you will also get the signed referral you need for your employer in order to begin work.

3. Begin Work

Take your signed referral to the employer so that you can start working and earning your work study wages!