California College Promise Grant (BOGW)
The California College Promise Grant waives enrollment fees for students who are California residents and who qualify by meeting certain income requirements or other eligibility requirements outlined on the application.
Apply for the California College Promise Grant
If you are a California resident and meet one of the eligibility requirements listed below, you can apply for the California College Promise Grant. Just submit a completed application and the required documentation that verifies your eligibility to the Financial Aid Office at PCC.Download California College Promise Grant Application
Eligibility for the California College Promise Grant
To qualify for the CCPG, you must be a California Resident and meet one of the following criteria:
- You or your family are receiving public assistance from Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or General Assistance.
- You have certification from the California Department of Veterans’ Affairs or the National Guard Adjutant General for a dependent’s fee waiver.
- You are a dependent of or a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor.
- You are a dependent of a victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack.
- You meet qualifying income and family size requirements.
Documentation will be requested and required for the above criteria.
If you do not meet any of the above eligibility guidelines, you may still be able to have your enrollment fees waived if you complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You should complete the FAFSA application as soon as possible so we can determine your eligibility for a fee waiver and possibly other financial assistance.
Continuing Academic Requirements to Maintain Your California College Promise Grant
In order to continue to receive the CCPG, you must maintain the academic and progress standards of the CCPG program. If you don’t meet these academic and/or progress standards for two consecutive semesters, you will lose your CCPG.
- Academic Standards: Maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher