A grant is a type of financial aid that you don’t need to pay back. They are gifts from federal, state and college sources, and awarded to you based on your demonstrated need.

To apply for any grant, you must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Learn more about applying for aid 

Federal Grants

Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant Program is a grant available to undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. You can transfer your Pell Grant to another school but cannot receive Pell Grant from two schools for the same enrollment period.

LancerBook Advance

The Office of Financial Aid offers the LancerBook Advance program at the beginning of each term. LancerBook is an advance on your upcoming term Federal Pell Grant. To qualify for the LancerBook Advance you must be awarded a Federal Pell Grant, be making Satisfactory Academic Progress, and be enrolled in classes for the upcoming term. If you qualify you may receive an advance on your Federal Pell grant to purchase your books. If you choose to use the LancerBook Advance, your Federal Pell Grant refund will be reduced by the amount of the purchases you make at the Bookstore. LancerBook is available the first 3 weeks of the term.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The FSEOG Program is here to supplement your educational costs that can’t be covered by the Pell Grant. This program’s funds are very limited and usually offered to students with exceptional financial need who meet the priority funding deadlines.

State Grants

Cal Grant A

Cal Grant A is not available at PCC but you should still apply if you plan to attend a 4-year college. While at PCC your Cal Grant A will be in reserve and activated upon transfer to a 4-year school. California residency is required. For general information visit the Cal Grants Web page or visit the Cal Grant A page for information specific to that grant.

Cal Grant B

Cal Grant B is available to students who are disadvantaged or from low-income families. This grant will provide you with a stipend to help cover living costs and it can be transferred to a 4-year college. To be eligible you must be a California resident. For more information about this program, visit the Cal Grant B Website.

Cal Grant C

This Cal Grant is available to low and middle-income students enrolled in occupational, technical, and vocational career training programs. For more information, visit the Cal Grant C website.

Full-Time Student Success Grant

The Full-Time Student Success Grant (FTSSG) is a new financial aid program for eligible Cal Grant B recipients attending a California community college as a full time student (12 units or more). On top of the $1,672 annual Cal Grant B award, the Full-Time Student Success Grant pays full-time Cal Grant B recipients an additional $600 annually.  All full-time community college students eligible for and receiving Cal Grant B will be offered this assistance. We encourage students to enroll full time in order to take advantage of this new grant.

Additional Application Requirements for Cal Grants

To apply for a Cal Grant, you must complete the FAFSA application and submit a Grade Point Average (GPA) Form to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC). If you have less than 16 college credits, your high school will need to complete the GPA Verification Form for you. If you have 16 or more college credits, PCC will automatically send your GPA electronically as long as you have attended at least one term in the last academic year.

PCC Program Grants

California College Promise Grant (formerly the Board of Governors Fee Waiver)

This program will waive your enrollment fees if you are a qualifying California resident. To qualify, you must meet certain income requirements or other eligibility requirements outlined on the application. 

Learn More About Applying for the California College Promise Grant