In order to keep your financial aid award and to continue to receive funds, you must maintain the following eligibility requirements.

1. Satisfactory Academic Progress

Satisfactory Academic Progress is an eligibility requirement for both federal and state financial aid. It will apply even if you never received financial aid. To achieve satisfactory academic progress, you are expected to complete your academic objective (degree, certificate, or transfer) in a timely manner. Since academic progress rules can occur at any point during your education, failing to meet these requirements could lead to termination of your financial aid at PCC.

Review Satisfactory Academic Progress Guidelines

2 - Enrollment Requirement

In order to receive your full award amount you must stay enrolled in a minimum of 12 units. If you add or drop units before the freeze date, your award/disbursement will be adjusted accordingly. 

The information below indicates how the financial aid award is adjusted:

  • Enrollment in 12 or more units = 100% of your award
  • Enrollment in 9 to 11.8 units = 75% of your award
  • Enrollment in 6 to 8.8 units = 50% of your award

Additionally, if you stop attending or withdraw from your classes before you complete nine weeks or 60% of a term, you may be required to repay all or a portion of your federal aid. To avoid repayment, return or decline all funds received to Fiscal Services, C-203 immediately.

Review Enrollment Policies

What is SAP?