Get the answers to the questions that we get asked the most!


The Pasadena City College school code is 001261.

Our mailing address is:

Office of Financial Aid
1570 E. Colorado Blvd., L-114
Pasadena, CA 91106

No, you don’t have to be admitted to PCC to apply for financial aid. However, to apply for financial aid you will still need to meet all eligibility requirements.

PCC doesn't offer financial aid to international students. You will not be eligible for financial aid if you are a student with a:

  • F1 or F2 student visa
  • J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa
  • G series visa

For more information, visit the PCC International Students Website. 

You will be notified by email using the Pasadena Go email address that is on file with Admissions and Records. The email will instruct you to check your LancerPoint.

Once all of the requested documents are received, your application will be processed within 3-4 weeks. The time may vary depending on the time of year and volume of applicants. Learn More about what to expect after you apply for financial aid.

You may qualify to have your fees waived if you are a California resident and have submitted your FAFSA or the California College Promise Grant (Fee Waiver) Application. This waiver will allow you to register without paying the enrollment fees for your courses. The fee waiver does not include the Associated Student’s, Student Representation, or Student Health fees.

You will be responsible for any outstanding fees. For a list of fees, see the Admissions and Records website.

You can see a breakdown of enrollment fees on the Admissions and Records website.

You can’t receive federal aid from more than one school for the same period of enrollment, but you can still qualify for the California Board of Governors (BOG) fee waiver while receiving financial aid at another school.

This form will be mailed to the address that you have on file with the Records office. If the form may have been returned to the sender, you can check with the Student Bank. You will not receive the 1098-T if you received the BOG Fee Waiver for all semesters you were enrolled.

If you are a dependent student, you must submit parental information. You can discuss special circumstances that may prevent you from submitting parental information with a Financial Aid Advisor.

Financial Aid Terms

Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is the amount that you and your family are reasonably expected to contribute toward the year’s educational costs. The Student Aid Report (SAR) from your FAFSA application is used to calculate the EFC using a standard federal formula.

An overpayment occurs when you receive more financial aid than you were eligible for. Overpayment's are often the result of changes in enrollment; e.g., full-time to half-time status or a complete withdraw from all classes. An overpayment can also occur when your financial information changes after a grant or loan payment are made. For more information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.


The priority filing period for FAFSA is open from October 1st through March 2nd of each year. If you miss this deadline, you can still file a FAFSA through June 30th of the following year, but you may not be considered for certain state and institutional grants. 

Yes, you should renew your FAFSA application online in October 1st of every year. To update your FAFSA, go to

If your income has changed significantly from the income reported on your FAFSA, you should discuss your options with the Financial Aid staff.

You can transfer your FAFSA information to different schools by adding the school code to your existing FAFSA as the top listed school.

If you've forgotten your PIN, you need to request a duplicate PIN at Click on “Request A Duplicate Pin”, and you will be able to choose to receive your duplicate PIN by email, postal mail, or you can choose to view it instantly online.

You must be able to answer “Yes” to at least one of the conditions in the dependency section of the FAFSA to be considered “Independent.” You can complete the dependency status worksheet through the FAFSA website to determine if you are considered a dependent student. Financial independence alone doesn't make a student “independent” even if you file your tax return or if you live on your own. If you feel that you have unusual circumstances, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at PCC.

Verification & Financial Aid Documents

The Department of Education requires that all schools providing financial aid select a percentage of financial aid applicants to verify information on the FAFSA. If selected for verification, you must submit all requested documents to be considered for aid.