Ready to get started on the Patient Intake Specialist Certificate? Follow the steps below to complete the application process and begin taking the courses!

Selection Criteria

You will be selected to the program based on completion of all required documentation and space availability.  Applicants must be 18 years or older, provide proof of U.S. High School graduation, GED or Foreign Equivalency Report (requires translation). 

Application Filing Period

Applications are available online starting April 18th. However, we will continue to accept applications until the student capacity of the program has been met.

How to Apply

1  Apply for admission to PCC

If you are not currently enrolled at PCC, you need to apply for admission to the college in addition to applying to the Medical Assistant program. Apply now to PCC .

  Complete Your Online Application

To apply to the Medical Assistant program, you need to submit an  online application which includes:

  • A completed Patient Intake Specialist Application 
  • One official U.S. high school transcript, GED certificate, or Equivalency Report from one of the college’s acceptable companies.
    Note: The above is not required if an associate or higher degree is posted on your U.S. college transcripts
  • One official transcript of ALL U.S. colleges and universities attended, including Pasadena City College.
    If you have foreign transcripts, please read our information on how to have your transcripts evaluated.

Be aware that unofficial transcripts and photocopies of diplomas are not acceptable, and incomplete applications will not be considered in the selection process. If you are accepted into the program, the college’s Records Office will also require transcripts.

3   Submit Your Official Transcripts

Applicants will be sent a secure link via email to their PCC Lancer email account with instructions on how to submit the following required documents:

  • United States High School (or GED or Foreign Equivalency*) transcripts must be official transcripts that you have opened, scanned, saved as a PDF file and uploaded with your Medical Scribe application.  Label the transcripts "High School Transcripts". A copy of your high school diploma will not be accepted.  Once you have opened your official transcripts, keep this set for your own personal records.
  • United States Veterans must also submit a PDF file of their DD214 with the application. Name the file "DD214". Spouses of U.S. Veterans must include a PDF file of the marriage license and DD214. Name the file "Marriage License".
  • Please note: once the application period has closed, the secure link will no longer accept documents.

Follow these directions for scanning documents to create PDF files:

Select the PDF file format option before scanning. Only PDF files of your transcripts and other supporting documents will be accepted. Formats such as JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, screenshot, word documents, etc. will not be accepted for the application process.
Save your PDF document to a folder in a location on your computer or removable drive that you can easily access (Desktop or Documents folder is suggested).

*If you have foreign transcripts, please read our information on how to have your transcripts evaluated.

If you have any questions contact the Division Office at 626-585-3308.

Program Acceptance

The Health Sciences Division will inform you of the status of your application by email upon submission of all required documentation.

Upon selection to the program, you will be required to complete:

  • Health clearance form
  • Background Check (more information to follow)
  • An American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers card
  • Proof of COVID - 19 vaccine

While in the program, you must maintain a grade of “C” or higher in each course in order to progress to the next level.

Transcript Evaluation

If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies before applying:

International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310)-258-9451 |

Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
(310)-275-3530 |

American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626)-339-4404 |