Quick Guide to Editing Text in OU Campus
To make your text edits, you will use the WYSIWYG Editor (What You See Is What You Get) in OU Campus. The WYSIWYG Editor is very similar to a word processor, allowing for more familiarity and intuitive web editing.
- Use DirectEdit to enter the OU Campus Page view of the page you wish to edit
- Check Out The Page
You can do so by clicking the light bulb icon from the Page Actions Toolbar. If you see a red padlock icon instead of a light bulb, the page is checked out by someone else and you will not be able to edit the page. Learn More About Checking Out Pages.
- Click Edit from the Page Actions Toolbar
- Click on the Green Button that says “Main Content” with a pencil icon
- Save Your Changes - both while you edit and once you are done!
- Review Your Edits
When reviewing your edits, you will want to make sure that it's ready to be published on the PCC website:
- Make sure new content follows the Writing Style Guide
- Make sure any changes you made align to the Visual Style Guide.
- Use the Accessibility Check to make sure your content is accessible
- Submit Your Page For Approval
- Use the Workflows to manage your edits and check the status of the page publish
Next Up: 4.2 - Page View in OU Campus