Community Use of the Shatford Library
The PCC Library invites the community as well as students to use and borrow its books!
The Shatford Library is open to the public. If you wish to use our computers as a guest, please visit the Circulation Desk for assistance. If you wish to check out books and you are a resident of the Pasadena Area Community College District or your primary place of employment is within the district, you can receive a Public Patron Card at no cost. If you don’t live or work in one of the District’s cities, you can pay $25.00 annually for the card. The District’s cities include:
- El Monte
- La Cañada
- San Marino
- Sierra Madre
- South Pasadena
- Temple City
Visit our Circulation Desk and present the following proof of identification:
1. A current California I.D. or driver's license
2. A second proof of identification (select one of the following):
- Utility bill (from the most recent month)
- Current car registration
- Pay stub (within the last month)
- Bank statement (from the most recent month)
The address on the second proof of identification must match the address listed on your California I.D. or driver's license.
3. $25.00 cash or check (made out to Shatford Library), if you do not live or work within the Pasadena Area Community College District.
Public Patrons have the same borrowing rules as PCC students. See Borrowing Guidelines.
Specific guidelines for public patrons:
Yes, we offer computer access for Public Patrons! Get guest access to our walk-up computer stations by visiting the Computer Lab Service Desk on the lower level of the library. (Library computer labs are for currently registered students only.)
- Public Patrons can use library research databases from on campus. You can use our wireless connection with your own device, or request
guest access to a walk-up computer station by visiting the Computer Lab Service Desk
(lower level of library).
Items that are on Course Reserve are available only to currently registered students.
- A Public Patron in good standing can borrow up to 10 items at a time; if overdue fines accumulate to $5.00 or more, borrowing privileges are frozen until the fines are paid.
Get More Information
For more information, speak to a Circulation Desk Staff member during our open hours or call (626) 585-7174.