Pasadena Area Community College District (District) has established guidelines for resolving all types of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and sexual violence complaints. There are several early resolution options, depending on the circumstances, including educational programs for targeted campus units or for particular individuals. Where early resolution is unsuccessful or inappropriate, a formal complaint may be filed and a formal investigation undertaken. There is no prescribed sequence, so choosing one option first does not prevent a complainant from choosing a different option for resolution a later time.

Reports of sex offenses may be made to the Office of Human Resources, Police and College Safety, the Office of Student Life, or Student Health Services.


Complaints may be filed with the following resources: 

Because complaints of discrimination, harassment, and sexual violence are most effectively addressed at the earliest possible stage, Pasadena Area Community College District encourages early reporting of concerns or complaints regarding harassment. You may obtain advice without filing a complaint. Unreasonable delay in reporting harassment or failure to utilize the District complaint resolution procedures may, in some cases, affect your legal rights.

If you believe you have been harassed, you are encouraged to discuss your options and to learn about District polices and procedures by contacting:

Robert BlizinskiVice President, Human Resources
Pasadena Area Community College District
1570 E. Colorado Blvd. Room C-204
Pasadena, CA  91106

Phone:  (626) 585-7388
Fax:  (626) 585-7924

Governmental Agencies

A number of governmental agencies also accept complaints of discrimination and harassment, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (related to employment); the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (related to employment); and the Office for Civil RightsUS Department of Education (related to student complaints).

Unions (Exclusive Representatives)

 If you are a District employee who is in a classification that is represented by the Faculty Association or California School Employees Association, Chapter 777 or California Federation of Teachers, Chapter 6525, you may find the appropriate collective bargaining agreement and contact information in the Union Contracts on the Human Resources website.  

Work Related Injuries, Accidents, Illnesses 

If you are a District employee who has been injured, had an accident, or you believe you have been exposed or are currently exposed to unsafe or unhealthful conditions while at work, please contact Risk Management at (626) 585-7507.

Campus Police and Public Safety

If you believe you have been subject to criminal activity, witnessed a crime, or have been involve in a dispute regarding the use of parking or other District facilities, please contact Police and College Safety at (626) 585-7484. You also have the option of leaving an anonymous message. If you believe you are in immediate danger, please call 911.