Timely Warning Safety Information
The purpose of this warning is to aid in the prevention of similar crimes by alerting the community about the incident so they may make informed decisions about their personal safety.
The Campus Police & Safety Department encourages the prompt reporting of crimes to Campus Police & Safety to aid in capturing suspects and determining the need to deploy assistance to the campus community members to make informed decisions about their personal safety. Delays in reporting crimes to Campus Police can hinder apprehension of suspects.
This Timely Warning is intended to warn the campus community regarding a crime which occurred on Pasadena City College controlled property, and to provide information enabling community members to make informed decisions about their personal safety.
If you are the victim of or witness to a crime, please report it immediately to Pasadena City College Campus Police & Safety at (626) 585-7484. Provide the location where the incident occurred and a description of the perpetrator(s) to the best of your ability.
- The following safety information is offered to reduce the possibility of experiencing a crime, improve opportunities to receive prompt assistance, and to increase everyone’s ability to be an informed bystander or witness.
- Travel in pairs or with trusted companions, especially at night or in remote areas.
- If someone is intoxicated or incapacitated call for a taxi or other care service, and make sure a trusted friend safely accompanies the incapacitated friend to their door.
- Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to Campus Police & Safety.
- Be a good witness. Describe exactly what you observed with as many details as possible.
Give complete descriptions such as sex, race, age, height, weight, hair color, clothing, tattoos, and scars. Try to get a license plate if a vehicle is involved.
- Get a Ride: If you work, study or take classes at night, you don’t have to walk to your car alone. Campus Police & Safety can provide escorts to your vehicle on campus.
- Blue light emergency phones are located throughout campus. The phones are connected to Campus Police & Safety’s 24-hour communications center and identify the phone location even if the caller is unable to talk. The phones can be used to request an escort, report suspicious activity, and to report crimes.