Ready to get started on our Medical Scribe Courses? Follow the steps below to complete the application process and begin the courses!
The application cycle will close when enough candidates to fill the section(s) have been selected. It is important to read through all of the information prior to applying.
You will be selected to the program based on completion of all required documentation and space availability. Applicants must be 18 years or older, provide proof of U.S. High School graduation, GED or Foreign Equivalency Report (requires translation).
Applications are available online starting April 18th. However, we will continue to accept applications until the student capacity of the program has been met.
If you are not currently enrolled at PCC, you need to apply for admission to the college in addition to applying to the Medical Assistant program. Apply now to PCC .
2 Complete Your Online Application
To apply to the Medical Scribe Program, you need to submit an online application which includes:
- A completed Medical Scribe Application
- One official U.S. high school transcript, GED certificate, or Equivalency Report from one of the
college’s acceptable companies.
Note: The above is not required if an associate or higher degree is posted on your U.S. college transcripts
- One official transcript of ALL U.S. colleges and universities attended, including Pasadena City College.
If you have foreign transcripts, please read our information on how to have your transcripts evaluated.
Be aware that unofficial transcripts and photocopies of diplomas are not acceptable, and incomplete applications will not be considered in the selection process. If you are accepted into the program, the college’s Records Office will also require transcripts.
3 Submit Your Official TranscriptsApplicants will be sent a secure link via email to their PCC Lancer email account with instructions on how to submit the following required documents:
- United States High School (or GED or Foreign Equivalency*) transcripts must be official transcripts that you have opened, scanned, saved as a PDF file and uploaded with your Medical Scribe application. Label the transcripts "High School Transcripts". A copy of your high school diploma will not be accepted. Once you have opened your official transcripts, keep this set for your own personal records.
- United States Veterans must also submit a PDF file of their DD214 with the application. Name the file "DD214". Spouses of U.S. Veterans must include a PDF file of the marriage license and DD214. Name the file "Marriage License".
- Please note: once the application period has closed, the secure link will no longer accept documents.
Follow these basic directions for scanning documents to create PDF files:
- Select the PDF file format option before scanning. Only PDF files of your transcripts and other supporting documents will be accepted. Formats such as JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, screenshot, word documents, etc. will not be accepted for the application process.
- Save your PDF document to a folder in a location on your computer or removable drive
that you can easily access (Desktop or Documents folder is suggested)
*If you have foreign transcripts, please read our information on how to have your transcripts evaluated.
NOTE: Students who do not have access to a personal scanner may choose to use a commercial copying center to have their required documents scanned and made into PDFs that then may be uploaded as part of your application.
If you have any questions contact the Division Office at 626-585-3308.
The Health Sciences Division will inform you of the status of your application by email upon submission of all required documentation.
- Upon selection to the program, you will be required to complete:
- Health clearance form
- Background Check (more information to follow)
- An American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers card
If you are a student with foreign transcripts, you must have your transcripts evaluated by one of the following three companies before applying:
International Research Foundation (IERF)
(310)-258-9451 | www.ierf.org
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI)
American Education Research Center (AERC)
(626)-339-4404 | www.aerc-eval.com