Helping a Student In Distress
Kognito is an interactive, and research-proven training simulations are designed to educate faculty, staff, and students about best practices in supporting:
- Students who struggle with psychological distress including depression and suicidal ideation;
- LGBTQ students who are struggling due to harassment or exclusion;
- Student veterans who are facing challenges in adjusting to college life.
Each training takes 30-60 minutes to complete and is structured as a virtual practice environment where users learn by engaging in interactive role-play conversations with emotionally responsive student avatars. Access to these trainings are available at no-cost to all California community college faculty, staff, and students.
- Using a compatible browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, navigate to https://ccc.kognito.com/.
- Create a new account by selecting “Click Here” above the email and password fields.
- Follow the prompts and select the appropriate “Point of View (POV)” to access the
- At-Risk for Faculty & Staff
- Veterans on Campus for Faculty & Staff
- LGBTQ in the Workplace
- At-Risk for Students
- Veterans on Campus: Peer Program
- Follow the on-screen instructions to access the simulations page.
- Select the desired simulation tile and click “Launch” to begin the simulation.
For any technical support related questions, please contact our Technical Support team directly at email@example.com.
Identifying and Referring At-Risk Students
Source: CARS on Vimeo
Suicide Awareness for College Students
Source: CARS on Vimeo.