To be eligible for Personal Counseling services, you must be currently enrolled and attending a credit class at PCC.
If you are only enrolled in noncredit classes, you are not eligible to receive on-going Personal Counseling at PCC. The Personal Counseling staff is available for a one-time assessment and referral session during a walk-in time.
We do offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). A brochure describing the EAP is available through Human Resources. If you are an employee and would like a referral to a private licensed mental health practitioner, you may request a meeting with one of our psychologists to receive one.
Schedule An Appointment
To make an appointment with a Counselor, visit our office in D-203 and complete some brief paperwork. All appointments are scheduled in person in the Office of Personal Counseling. We do not schedule appointments over the phone or online.
Cancelling/Rescheduling Your Appointment
- Please let us know at least one day in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, however we do not reschedule appointments over the phone.
- Running Late: Please call the Personal Counseling office if you are running late. You will be considered a no-show if you are more than 20 minutes late, and reserve the right to take another student during your time.
- No Shows: Please note you will be unable to reschedule if you cancel on the day of your appointment / no-show / arrive 20 minutes late, and will be restricted to walk-ins for the remainder of the current term.
Urgent matters may be discussed at brief sessions without an appointment on a first-come, first-served basis during our open hours. Please see our front desk for Walk-in hours.
Crisis intervention services are available any time during office hours.
- on-campus, call Campus Police (626) 585-7484
- call local police 911
- Emergency Outreach Bureau (800) 854-7771
- In the case of any violence involving a mental health crisis, call Pasadena Police department and speak to a dispatcher to send out a Hope Unit team (626) 744-4501.