To be eligible for Personal Counseling services, you must be currently enrolled and attending a credit class at PCC.
If you are only enrolled in noncredit classes, you are not eligible to receive on-going Personal Counseling at PCC. The Personal Counseling staff is available for a one-time assessment and referral session during a walk-in time.
We do offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). A brochure describing the EAP is available through Human Resources. If you are an employee and would like a referral to a private licensed mental health practitioner, you may request a meeting with one of our psychologists to receive one.
Schedule An Appointment
To make an appointment with a Counselor, visit our office in D-203 and complete some brief paperwork. All appointments are scheduled in person in the Office of Personal Counseling. We do not schedule appointments over the phone or online.
Cancelling/Rescheduling Your Appointment
- Please let us know at least one day in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, however we do not reschedule appointments over the phone.
- Running Late: Please call the Personal Counseling office if you are running late. You will be considered a no-show if you are more than 20 minutes late, and reserve the right to take another student during your time.
Urgent matters may be discussed at brief sessions without an appointment on a first-come, first-served basis during our open hours. Please see our front desk for Walk-in hours.
Crisis intervention services are available any time during office hours.
- on-campus, call Campus Police (626) 585-7484
- call local police 911
- Emergency Outreach Bureau (800) 854-7771
- In the case of any violence involving a mental health crisis, call Pasadena Police department and speak to a dispatcher to send out a Hope Unit team (626) 744-4501.