To be eligible for Personal Counseling services, you must be currently enrolled and attending a credit class at PCC.
If you are only enrolled in noncredit classes, you are not eligible to receive on-going Personal Counseling at PCC. The Personal Counseling staff is available for a one-time assessment and referral session during a walk-in time.
We do offer an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). A brochure describing the EAP is available through Human Resources. If you are an employee and would like a referral to a private licensed mental health practitioner, you may request a meeting with one of our psychologists to receive one.
Schedule An Appointment
During PCC's closed campus access period, Personal Counseling is offering telehealth services via Zoom or telephone sessions.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to receive our intake documents. A staff member will email you a link to complete this documentation. After you complete and submit the intake, we will call you to schedule an appointment.
You can also request our intake documents by leaving a message at 626-585-7273. With your message, please include:
- Your name
- Lancer ID number
- Optional: If you would like a call from a staff member, please leave a phone number & your availability
Note that our staff call from blocked numbers. We ask that you temporarily lift restrictions to allow our call to go through if your phone settings don't allow for blocked calls.
Cancelling/Rescheduling Your Appointment
- Please email us at email@example.com at least one day in advance if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Running Late: Please email the Personal Counseling office if you are running late. You will be considered a no-show if you are more than 20 minutes late, and reserve the right to take another student during your time.
Brief Telephone Appointments
Urgent matters may be discussed at brief sessions without an appointment on a first-come, first-served basis during our open hours. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
Note that we will ask you to complete our intake documents if it is your first time receiving services.
Crisis intervention services are available during office hours.
- on-campus, call Campus Police (626) 585-7484
- call local police 911
- Emergency Outreach Bureau (800) 854-7771
- In the case of any violence involving a mental health crisis, call Pasadena Police department and speak to a dispatcher to send out a Hope Unit team (626) 744-4501.