Earn college credit for knowledge & skills you gained during your military training

If you attended a military service school, received training, or served in an occupation specialty you may be able to earn college credit toward your program at PCC.

  • Save time on your educational path

    Through CPL, you will receive college credit for the skills and knowledge you gained through your military service, helping you to earn your degree or certificate faster. 

  • Earn college credit for free

    There is no cost to petition for credit for prior learning, saving you money on your educational path. 

How to Earn College Credit for Military Service/Training

Follow the steps below to use your Joint Service Transcripts to petition to receive credit for your military service/ training. 

  1. Submit Your Official transcripts to the Admissions & Records Office. These may include:
    • Joint Services Transcript (JST)
    • Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)
    • Army and American Council on Education Registry Transcript Service (AARTS)
    • Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
    • Coast Guard Institute (CGI), DANTES/USAFI
    • Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Transcripts (DLIFLC)
    • Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC)
    • DLPT Examinee Results
    • DA Form 330 Language Proficiency Questionnaire, or verified copies of DD214 or DD295 military records.

  2. Complete the Credit for Prior Learning assessment petition and submit to the Veteran’s Resource Center (VRC-W building, Room 108) or the Counseling Office (L building, Room 104)

  3. Credit course equivalency will be determined by the faculty of the appropriate discipline
Need Help?
Visit the Veteran's Resource Center in W-108 to ask questions and get help with the petition to receive credit for prior learning.