If you believe you have experienced dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, you are encouraged to file a report with Campus Security or the Title IX Office. Any person may file a report, regardless of the amount of time that has passed since the alleged misconduct, or where the incident occurred. The most important thing you can do is to get the assistance that you need by taking the following steps. Individuals who report to the college will receive the following options, resources, rights, and supports in writing and information about how to request accommodations related to academics, housing, transportation, workplace, or other supportive or protective measures.  

  • Get to a safe place as soon as you can. Call 911 if you are in immediate danger or if you have sustained serious injuries.
  • Preserve evidence in cases of sexual violence, intimate partner violence, or stalking. It is important to preserve evidence that may assist law enforcement personnel. If possible, place each item of clothing you were wearing at the time of the assault in a separate paper bag and do not shower, bathe, douche, wash, or clean any part of your body, including brushing your teeth, until you have had a forensic medical exam. If possible, do not clean the area or move anything around where the assault has occurred in case law enforcement and detectives need access to the area.
  • Seek emergency medical treatment. Even if you have no apparent/obvious injuries, it is still recommended that you seek medical care to assess for possible underlying injuries and access preventative health services. For example, following a sexual assault, medication is available to prevent against unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases/infections. Specialized medical care for sexual assaults can be accessed at a hospital or a Sexual Assault Response Team Center. With your permission, the SART medical providers can collect physical evidence to be used if you decide to prosecute, through what’s called a forensic examination.
  • Access confidential campus and/or community services.
    • Access campus support. The Title IX office can work with survivors to put in place supportive measures. Supportive Measures may include but are not limited to, counseling, academic, residential, transportation and/or employment accommodations, as well as restrictions on contact between the Complaint and Respondent. A formal Title IX complaint is not required in order to access supportive measures. 
    • Access campus counseling at Personal Counseling (626) 585-7273
    • Contact the Rape Abuse and Incest National Network- RAINN (800) 656-4673 (24/7) for support and referrals to the nearest domestic or sexual violence support agency near you.