How to complete the program
To complete the Honors Program, you must:
- Maintain a 3.2 overall GPA.
- Attend an Honors Orientation.
- Be enrolled in the Honors Program for at least two “long” semesters (that is, Fall and Spring).
- Complete a total of 15 units of Honors coursework with a grade of “B” or better in all Honors courses.
- Take a maximum of two Honors courses in a given semester.
- Have a maximum of two Honors Option classes or one Honors Option class and one "Special Contract” class (7 units maximum).
- Meet with an Honors counselor for your certification meeting (for UCLA and UCI applicants).
- Have nine or more Honors credits complete by the end of Fall semester in the academic year you plan to transfer (applies to UCLA TAP and UCI Honors-to-Honors).
Finish the program requirements by the end of the Spring semester before you transfer.*
A maximum of 6 Honors units can be taken in your final spring semester.
Honors Completion Benefits
The advantages of being an Honors student don’t apply only to the time you’re in the program. Once you complete the program, you will also benefit from:
- Priority consideration for transfer from participating universities including UCLA, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, Pomona, Occidental, and Mills College, amongst other institutions.
- A stronger transfer application to any university.
- A note of completion on your PCC transcript.