Honors Completion Benefits
The advantages of being an Honors student don’t only apply to the time you’re in the program. Once you complete the program, you will also benefit from:
- An Honors certification on your PCC transcript.
- A stronger transfer application to any university.
Priority consideration for transfer from participating universities including UCLA, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, Pomona, Occidental, Mills College amongst other institutions.
How to complete the program
To complete the honors program, you must:
- Maintain a 3.2 overall GPA
- Attend an Honors Orientation
- Be enrolled in the Honors Program for at least two “long” semesters (that is, Fall and Spring).
- Complete a total of 15 units of Honors coursework with a grade of “B” or better in all Honors courses.
- Take a maximum of two Honors courses in a given semester
- Have a maximum of two Honors Options or one Honors Option and one "Special Contract" (total six-seven credit hours)
- Meet with an Honors counselor for your certification meeting.
Finish the program requirements by the end of the Spring semester before you transfer.*
A maximum of 6 Honors units can be taken in your final spring semester.