Certified Nursing Assistant
The Certified Nursing Assistant course provides the student with the necessary skills to seek employment in long-term care facilities as Certified Nursing Assistants. Emphasis is on basic principles of nursing, development and application of nursing skills in long-term care facilities.
Upon completion of the Certified Nursing Assistant course the student will receive a Certificate of Course Completion and is eligible to take the State of California Department of Health Services written and practical examination to obtain a certificate as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
A grade of C or better must be achieved to receive the Occupational Skills Certificate.
Selection of Students
Candidate must submit written application in the nursing division and will be selected and prioritized in the following order:
- Students who have been accepted into the Vocational Nursing program
- Students accepted into Registered Nursing program (Fall semester)
- Vocational Nursing program applicants who have not been admitted into the program
- Applicants for CNA only
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 5
- Completion of 10th grade in high school
- Minimum age of 16
- Valid AHA CPR/Basic Life Support Card Course for health care providers
- NURS 103 - Nursing Assistant (5)