Engineering & Technology - Mechanical Engineering Technician
This Certificate of Achievement does not count as a major for an Associate Degree.
The Mechanical Engineering Technician program provides a hands-on educational experience to prepare students for successful entry-level careers in mechanical and manufacturing engineering technology, including mechanical engineering technicians, engineering technicians (except drafters), electro-mechanical technicians, and industrial engineering technicians. Mechanical engineering technicians utilize mechanical design and the process of developing a product that can improve society. The certificate will produce technicians who are able to analyze, design, implement and maintain mechanical systems, communicate effectively, and work well on team-based projects. The program exposes students to the skills and knowledge that will make them competitive in the job market.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Manipulate the mechanical system to create a finished product through design process.
- Analyze the mechanical systems to address improvements in the design and prototyping processes.
- Develop a technical project that includes testing and documentation.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement:
Required Units: 13-14
- DT 008A - Introduction to Digital Design and Fabrication (3)
or ENGR 002 - Engineering Graphics (3)
or MIT 101 - Introduction to Robotics (4)
- DT 008B - Intermediate Digital Design and Fabrication (3)
- DT 008C - Advanced Systems Design and Fabrication (4)
- DT 150 - Reading Engineering Drawings (1)
- ENGR 010 - Introduction to Engineering (2)