Business Administration - Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
The Certificate of Achievement in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management is designed to cultivate the innovative, entrepreneurial skills necessary for today’s fast-paced, continuously changing business environment. Students will learn how to think and act flexibly, creatively, and critically. This Certificate provides students of any discipline with the tools and skills required to organize and plan their own business or to innovate within an organization.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Design and develop a strategic business and marketing plan that can be used to prepare a new business launch, to achieve entry into new markets, or to change and grow an existing business.
- Evaluate how business concepts such as brand building, financial management, business law, resource allocations, and change and uncertainty for competitive advantage affect the growth of a small business.
- Apply quantitative reasoning to common business problems, including markup, markdown, simple and compound interest, payroll, and discounts.
- Apply the business skills of planning, managing, financing, and marketing to create a new venture or help lead an existing business to think with a higher degree of innovation.
- Analyze self-motivation, roles, creative abilities, and communication skills in the context of the entrepreneurial mindset.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 22-24
- ACCT 001A - Financial Accounting (5)
or ACCT 010 - Bookkeeping-Accounting (4)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- BUS 002 - Personal Finance (3)
- BUS 009 - Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 012A - Business Law (3)
- BUS 116 - Small Business Management (3)
Required Electives: Select one class of at least 3 units
- BUS 010 - Introduction to Management (3)
- BUS 014A - Mathematical Analysis for Business-Finite (4)
- BUS 016 - Business Computations Using Technology (3)
- BUS 112 - Business English (3)
- BUS 117 - Human Relations/Organizational Behavior (3)
- BUS 160 - Sales and Customer Service (3)
- MRKT 020 - Principles of Marketing (3)
- MRKT 150 - Social Media Marketing for Business (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.