Conference Travel Requests
Funding requests require that you obtain and submit copies of both the PACCD Request and the Request for AS Conference Travel Funding forms, please see web links below. Your PACCD application will be forwarded to the Faculty Development Committee for approval only after both documents are received. If you have questions, please contact the Academic Senate office at ext. 7211 or email FacultyConfTravel@pasadena.edu.
Please review all guidelines below.
- PACCD Request For Board Authorization
- Request for AS Conference Travel Funding
- Conference Expense Report Form
- Conference Sharing-out Report
- Full-time and adjunct faculty members may apply for conference registration and/or travel funding from the Academic Senate Faculty Conference Travel (ASFCT) Fund.
- ASFCT funding has been designated for conferences which pertain to courses you are assigned to teach, not general travel, tours or courses. Annual organization membership cannot be covered by these travel funds.
- A maximum of $25,000 in funding is expected to be approved for each of the following
periods: July 1-October 31; November 1-Feb. 28; March 1-June 30. Any funds left over
at the end of each period will be added to the $25,000 allotted for the next period.
Funds that are left over as of June 30 cannot roll over to the next fiscal year.
Faculty members may request funding for more than one conference per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30), but the total amount requested each fiscal year may not exceed $1500.
- Funds will be allotted on a first come, first served basis. Once the ASFCT Fund is depleted, applications will not be accepted until the next fiscal year.
- Deans may be asked to prioritize travel requests for their area.
- The California legislature has banned state-funded travel to the following states:
Alabama; Kansas; Kentucky; Mississippi; North Carolina; Oklahoma; South Dakota; Tennessee;
Texas. Applications for funding to travel to these states cannot be approved. Current
information on this policy: https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887
- Funding applications include a required share-out plan describing when and how expertise
gained during the conference will be shared within the PCC community. Requests will
not be approved without a share-out plan.
Applications must be signed by the supervising dean prior to submission.
- Applications must be submitted no less than 10 business days prior to travel. Applications
for funding will not be accepted after a conference has taken place.
Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be returned to the faculty member.
- Requests that exceed $1500 will be returned to the faculty member, unless:
- A PCC account will cover the expenses beyond $1500. The cost center manager must identify the account and sign the application before it is submitted.
- A faculty member commits to covering the costs above $1500 himself/herself. This
must be stated in writing on the application.
- Expense Reports for Professional Development funded travel are due two weeks after travel completion and are to be submitted to the Academic Senate Office, C227. Reimbursement requests must be accompanied by itemized receipts that indicate the specific items/services that were purchased. No exceptions.
- Travelers must use the GSA U.S. General Services Administration "link" on the Expense Report to determine Per Diem rates. Restaurant receipts must be itemized. The purchase of alcoholic beverages will not be reimbursed.
- Rental car costs are not allowed unless approved in advance by the Area Vice President.
- Lodging will not be funded for trips to locations 50 miles or less from PCC or the
traveler’s primary residence, whichever is closer.
- Share-out of expertise gained from the conference must be completed within 3 academic calendar months of the conference.
- A Sharing-Out Report [linked] must be submitted within 2 weeks of the share-out. The report may be archived on the Professional Learning website for public viewing.
- Faculty members who do not implement and report on their share-out plan will not be
eligible for conference travel funds in the following academic year.
All reimbursements must follow the guidelines established by Administrative Procedure 7400 PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE (rev. 9/30/15): http://www.boarddocs.com/ca/pasadena/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=AM7PTA65FF60
Approved by the Academic Senate: 5/14/18