Earn a Degree AND Prepare to Transfer! 

Earning an AA-T or AS-T degree at PCC guarantees you admission to the California State University (CSU) system with junior standing and prepares you to complete a bachelor degree in a similar major at a CSU campus.


The Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act (Senate Bill 1440, now codified in California Education Code sections 66746-66749) guarantees admission to a California State University (CSU) campus for any community college student who completes an "associate degree for transfer", a newly established variation of the associate degrees traditionally offered at a California Community College.

The Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or the Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T) is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. (Go to http://adegreewithaguarantee.com/Degrees.aspx to find out which CSU campuses offer a major or comparable major related to each AA-T or AS-T). Students completing these degrees (AA-T or AS-T) are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. To earn one of these degrees, students must complete a minimum of 60 required semester units of CSU-transferable coursework with a minimum GPA of 2.0.

Students transferring to a CSU campus that does accept the AA-T or AS-T will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor's degree (unless the major is a designated "high-unit" major). This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to university or college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with a counselor when planning to complete the degree for more information on university admission and transfer requirements.

AA-T and AS-T Majors at PCC


Have questions about earning an AA-T or AS-T? Review our frequently asked questions or speak with a counselor to find out more! 

Frequently Asked Questions Counseling