Television and Radio - Broadcast Journalism
This curriculum prepares students in the field of electronic journalism. Students are prepared for positions such as news researcher, assignment editor, news producer, news writer, reporter, newscaster, field producer, news videographer, and news video editor.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon the completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Apply production techniques to aural and visual media.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, including collaborative skills and abilities.
- Demonstrate technological proficiency.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 15-16
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate (15-16 units):
- TVR 001 – Introduction to Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 007 – Beginning TV Studio Production (3)
- TVR 018 – Radio and Television Newswriting (3)
- TVR 024 – Electronic News Gathering and Editing (3)
(3-4 units – any ONE of the following electives):
- JOUR 002 – Beginning Journalism (3)
- TVR 002A – Beginning Audio Production (3)
- TVR 012 – Beginning Announcing and Performing in Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 014A – Beginning Radio Production (3)
- TVR 015 – Introduction to Media Writing (3)
- TVR 016A – Television Production (4)
- TVR 019 – Introduction to Media Aesthetics and Cinematic Arts (3)
- TVR 021 – Electronic Media Management (3)