Machine Shop Technology - Industrial Fabricator
This curriculum prepares students to seek employment as an entry-level machinist. Emphasis is on entry level skills: technical drawing, drill press, lathes, vertical milling machine operation, part set up, basic inspection and process plan development. Technical mathematics applications for industry.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Develop safety protocols for duty areas and machinery equipment.
- Analyze inspection results to update procedures utilizing machinery equipment.
- Develop process plans to achieve high level of accuracy from machinery equipment.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 13
- MIT 101 - Introduction to Robotics (4)
- MACH 101 - Beginning Metalworking Skills (3)
- MACH 102 - Intermediate Metalworking Skills (3)
- TECH 107A - Technical Calculations (3)