Fashion - Fashion Marketing
The curriculum prepares an individual for the workplace environment with skills that apply to the business of apparel sales, assistant in a manufacturing or marketing business or other position where knowledge of the apparel industry and general business principles are an advantage.
With this background, the student may choose to work in retail or wholesale buying or sales, prepare visual presentations, and contribute to styling, display, and marketing ventures.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Demonstrate an understanding of entry level fashion merchandising concepts that integrate fashion with business technologies.
- Demonstrate a command of the basic vocabulary of the fashion industry.
- Create entry level original projects that analyze, define, and solve problems in fashion marketing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of entry level business concepts and their relationship to the fashion industry.
- Demonstrate a command of basic business vocabulary.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 18
- FASH 002 – Introduction to Fashion Industry (3)
- FASH 009 – Beginning Textiles (3)
or FASH 124 – History of Costume (3)
- FASH 021 – Principles of Fashion (3)
- BIT 102 – Spreadsheet Basics (1)
- BIT 109 – Business Software–Microsoft PowerPoint (2)
- BUS 009 – Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 010 – Introduction to Management (3)
or MRKT 020 – Principles of Marketing (3)
or MRKT 125 – Merchandising (3)
- FASH 001A – Fashion Survey (3)