Child Development - Music & Movement Education for Young Children
The program offers extensive hands-on training in music and movement education targeted specifically for early childhood (birth to 8 years old). Participants learn a comprehensive body of musical activities and games in four areas – singing, movement, playing instruments and listening. Students practice effective teaching techniques, explore the musical development of young children, and become acquainted with invaluable, state-of-the-art teaching materials. This certificate prepares students to teach music and movement in preschools, childcare centers, primary classrooms and private studios.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 9
- MUSC 030 – Music for Early Childhood Education (3)
- MUSC 131 – Multicultural Music Materials for Young Children (3)
- MUSC 135 – Curriculum Applications of Music in Early Childhood Education (3)
- DANC 025 – Movement for Child Development (2)
- KINT 027C – Early Childhood Physical Education (2)